Ohio Qb Playing With Torn Labrum In Throwing Shoulder

NT80

No boo-hoos from Boo

Ohio University quarterback Boo Jackson is playing despite having a torn labrum in his right, throwing shoulder.

In a 23-16 loss to Connecticut on Saturday night, he threw on the run and across his body to complete a 44-yard touchdown pass to Taylor Price.

Jackson was in great pain on the bench for 10 minutes after the pass.

"Boo is a very, very tough football player," coach Frank Solich said. "He's a guy who is able to play through pain. There are times when this injury flares up more than other times. He has been able to work through that."

Solich must decide whether to redshirt Jackson if the shoulder affects his play. He was 8 of 16 for 117 yards against UConn.

"From the reports we're getting, it is not getting worse," Solich said.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sport...C5_DLF0KNS.html

I wish this kid the best of luck. I had a torn labrum and it just slowly gets worse. It will affect his ability to play well and get stronger in the weight room. I find it hard to beleive this kid doesn't get surgury now because this injuy takes almost a year to rehab. If this kid waits he will play in pain, he will not be as effective, he will not get stronger, and he will have a year of eligibility burned in an increasingly diminished capacity. It will be interesting to me how this plays out. Frank Solich should know all of this of course.