Why Cam Will Play The Rest Of The Season Like Last Night

I have always been a Cam Montgomery fan. Him being above average height for a runningback has caused him to run 'too tall' in the past, which was a problem. It seems he has learned or figured out how to run lower to the ground, therefore he is hitting the holes harder and faster than ever before. If he continues this, then last night's numbers should be the norm for him. I don't see anyone in the Belt being able to stop him.

The spread offense was run to perfection last night also. I don't think Riley even threw a ball over 20 yards. He didn't need to. Our quick little slot guys will put up huge numbers if we continue operating the spread like that. I suppose it helps when your qb has been around that offense since he was in the womb.

Also, that announcing crew is the biggest joke I have ever encountered. They make NFL Network announcers look like Emmy winners. I guess that they were corrected at the half about the whole NTSU deal becasue I didn't hear it again in the second half. But hey, were were on ESPN!

Great night. I can't tell you the last time I have been more excited after a win. I took the Green with the points too, so that money will go towards my tailgate next week.

I especially didn't like the ESPN crew when one made reference to Coach Dodge getting UNT players wearing uniforms "just like Southlake Carroll".

well perhaps we shouldn't have had our uniforms redone to look "just like southlake carroll"... :) But I'll agree, it was a mickey mouse broadcast, from start to finish, which was further evidenced by the gross number of infomercials played during commercial breaks. (though I may have to get that magical brownie pan).

If Cam can remain healthy, we'll have a terrific one-two punch at RB... and we'll win a few more games.

well perhaps we shouldn't have had our uniforms redone to look "just like southlake carroll"... :) But I'll agree, it was a mickey mouse broadcast, from start to finish, which was further evidenced by the gross number of infomercials played during commercial breaks. (though I may have to get that magical brownie pan).

If Cam can remain healthy, we'll have a terrific one-two punch at RB... and we'll win a few more games.

I shed a tear when I saw a Billy Mays infomercial.

We were all quite entranced with the magical brownie pan as well. Now that's a commercial that sells a product!

How about the announcers saying about Page's high school ... "Page out of Mesquite High School in Sunnyvale, TX" ... really? Mesquite, TX, morons. How hard is that to figure out. Mesquite HS is my high school. So, it was frustrating.

My favorite Cam Montgomery run last night-

3rd and 10, then received a 15yd penality. Now 3rd and 25.

The team needed the 1st down to keep the drive going. I am thinking pass.

Riley hands the ball to Cam, who plows through the DL, the LB'ers,

drives hard with the BS secondary on him, and Cam makes the

1st down! Holy cow, what a run! Wow!

The TV announcers were truly terrible. Besides the North Texas State, Mesquite in Sunnyvale, Hal-TON City, they either had poor spotters or poor eye sight. Someone needs to teach them to read numbers. They consistently misread players numbers. Toby had a great game, but if the announcers were unsure of who made a play, they always credited Toby. Of course it would have been better if they had been able to pronounce Nwigwe correctly. No, it would have been better if they had at least been consistent in mispronouncing it! It is really not that hard a name.

My favorite Cam Montgomery run last night-

3rd and 10, then received a 15yd penality. Now 3rd and 25.

The team needed the 1st down to keep the drive going. I am thinking pass.

Riley hands the ball to Cam, who plows through the DL, the LB'ers,

drives hard with the BS secondary on him, and Cam makes the

1st down! Holy cow, what a run! Wow!

Sounds like a DD play. ;) Yeah, I said it.

One thing that stands out to me is the fact that it is the first time in a long time I felt like I was watching a real, big time, college football game while watching the Maen Green. Not sure if it was the fact it was on ESPN, it being opening game, or what - it just had a different feel. That is definitely a good thing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?