Something To Keep In Mind

emmitt01

Cole and Stradford didn't play. We don't yet have a true deep threat. I want badly to corral my emotions because I know that playing like that only 3 games are odds on losses.

I haven't felt this enthusiastic about football since the SMU game. I haven't really felt much enthusiasm or optimism at all since last year and the admitted surrender against K-State.

I'm trying very, very hard not to get my expectations too high. It wouldn't be fair to the team. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect a win next week, and I haven't been able to say that in YEARS. I'll be genuinely surprised and disappointed if we can't handle Ohio at home (after playing so well and such a complete game on the road against Ball State), and that's a huge swing from what I was allowing myself to expect yesterday.

Once we beat Ohio and see how we stack up against Alabama... That's when I'll let myself start thinking about the rest of the season. But for now, I (and everyone else who was watching with us) feel nothing but enthusiasm, and I'm very very excited about the gigantic step forward this team took tonight.

It's not just winning... It's winning the way that we did. Considering how it's affected all of us at our keyboards, I can only imagine what an impact it's having on the guys who'll be taking the field next week. Can't wait to see the next step they take now that they've proven to themselves that they can beat a solid team that plays a solid game.

Great night.

Cole and Stradford didn't play. We don't yet have a true deep threat. I want badly to corral my emotions because I know that playing like that only 3 games are odds on losses.

Dude... it's 12:40 a.m. If you're posting now i need some unabashed optimism. Can "Something to Keep in Mind" not wait until the morning?

Edited by Green P1

I haven't felt this enthusiastic about football since the SMU game. I haven't really felt much enthusiasm or optimism at all since last year and the admitted surrender against K-State.

I'm trying very, very hard not to get my expectations too high. It wouldn't be fair to the team. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect a win next week, and I haven't been able to say that in YEARS. I'll be genuinely surprised and disappointed if we can't handle Ohio at home (after playing so well and such a complete game on the road against Ball State), and that's a huge swing from what I was allowing myself to expect yesterday.

Once we beat Ohio and see how we stack up against Alabama... That's when I'll let myself start thinking about the rest of the season. But for now, I (and everyone else who was watching with us) feel nothing but enthusiasm, and I'm very very excited about the gigantic step forward this team took tonight.

It's not just winning... It's winning the way that we did. Considering how it's affected all of us at our keyboards, I can only imagine what an impact it's having on the guys who'll be taking the field next week. Can't wait to see the next step they take now that they've proven to themselves that they can beat a solid team that plays a solid game.

Great night.

Bingo. That's how you debate.

Dude... it's 12:40 a.m. If you posting now i need some unabashed optimism. Can "Something to Keep in Mind" not wait until the morning?

I think you're reading it wrong...

Even with what we DON'T have, we still managed to play a complete, solid game on all fronts. And beat a good team. Next year, we'll be even better. And Emmitt's saying that there are only 3 games we should even reasonably expect to lose if we can play like this all season long.

The point is, we're doing it without even having access to all the weapons (and some of the most talented players) on our roster. That's fantastic.

"Cole and Stradford didn't play. We don't yet have a true deep threat. I want badly to corral my emotions because I know that playing like that only 3 games are odds on losses. "

Tonight was awesome. I am so happy for the team and everyone here. This game was more than I even hoped for.

However, things will get tougher for this team from this point forward. Eventually (probably next game), teams are going to start jamming our WR's more. At some point, we are going to have to take some shots deeper and be successful at it. Our current group of WR's played a great game and look like they can get the job done. But, I don't think they will install fear in the secondary like Cole and Stradford will have the potential to do in the future.

The defense was just terrific. But, I would have liked to see a little more QB pressure in a perfect world. And, Page really missed some open receivers. That won't happen against most QB's that we face if we give them that kind of time.

I hope Jeremy Knott just had a bad game. I am really nervous on even the chip shot FG's right now.

There is so much to be happy about. But, I hope expectations don't run too high after this game.

For me, the biggest surprise was the superb tackling by the defense. The tacking was just outstanding. I kept waiting for the big play from the Ball State offense or special teams and it never really came.

What a great night.

I think you're reading it wrong...

Even with what we DON'T have, we still managed to play a complete, solid game on all fronts. And beat a good team. Next year, we'll be even better. And Emmitt's saying that there are only 3 games we should even reasonably expect to lose if we can play like this all season long.

The point is, we're doing it without even having access to all the weapons (and some of the most talented players) on our roster. That's fantastic.

You're right. I retract my previous statement. If you had not already quoted my earlier post I'd go ahead and delete it altogether..

The future of this team is bright.

The announcer said in his interview with TD that Dodges expects some things out of NT this year, but that next year is our year. It's true.

There is no way in hell Todd Dodge ever said anything like that to him. What coach would insult his seniors like that before the first game of the season, even if he thought it (also unlikely).

There is no way in hell Todd Dodge ever said anything like that to him. What coach would insult his seniors like that before the first game of the season, even if he thought it (also unlikely).

Announcer did say this. Why would he lie and how is this insulting to Sr's? Paraphrasing the announcer, he asked Todd about taking this program to the "next" level. Todd said this team was still a year away, but felt the current team was going to surprise some people and do some great things.

The wide-outs we had on the field were superb last night. They put on a blocking clinic. Yes, they missed a few, but for the most part I was very very impressed with the WRs.

Also- Everyone looking for deep passes might be disappointed until DBs start creeping up on us, and Riley has a couple more games under his belt.