Wow! Oregon Player, Garrett Blount Just Lost It

gangrene

Oregon board is saying he isn't staying with the team tonight as he will be arrested. He deserves it. It's football trash talk happens you can't go and unload on someone. And Blount is the one who said before the game "'we owe them an asswhooping". He then tried to go after some fans and had to be restrained by coaches, players, and police

Blount has been in trouble before, I would look for alot more than a game.

Kinda crazy to see something like that live

He would never play another down on any team I was coaching. Totally out of line and bizarre. No excuses here...thanks for the "after thought" apology...at least that...but adios. Scholly gone too...maybe some other team will let you play for them.....GOODBYE!

Blount is claiming one Oregon fan punched him and another "brandished a chair." Story by Morning News veteran now at ESPN is here.

How did they do that from the stands? Did the puncher have 20 foot arms? Did someone rip a stadium seat out and shake it at him? He is not facing arrest, but the Boise police expect action from the NCAA. The new Pac-10 commissioner was in the audience for the incident. No matter how important Blount is to the Oregon program, they can't sweep this under the rug.

Of course, Blount had eight carries for minus 5 yards and was tackled for a safety, so whatever "star" protection he might have had certainly faded!

No excuse for the kid but it appears the kid he punched might also be in a little trouble. In the video above it appears he's trashing talking and his coach is trying to get him to shut up before he's decked. I think the Boise kid deserves some discipline ... such as a couple hundred yards of up-downs or something similar.

No excuse for the kid but it appears the kid he punched might also be in a little trouble. In the video above it appears he's trashing talking and his coach is trying to get him to shut up before he's decked. I think the Boise kid deserves some discipline ... such as a couple hundred yards of up-downs or something similar.

Trash talk happens all over the football field. This is nothing more than the Oregon player letting out his frustration after having a terrible day against a better-than-advertised Boise defense, feeling stupid, and blowing up. Nothing about what he did can be excused.

I agree. The Boise player clearly taunted him and tapped him on the shoulder pad first, then the Boise coach was yanking his attention to tell him to cool it when he is punched. Point is if the Boise player doesn't start it I think this whole mess never happens. Oregon player deserves time off but so does the Boise player.

I agree. The Boise player clearly taunted him and tapped him on the shoulder pad first, then the Boise coach was yanking his attention to tell him to cool it when he is punched. Point is if the Boise player doesn't start it I think this whole mess never happens. Oregon player deserves time off but so does the Boise player.

Boise Player only gave him his own medicine since Blount was talking **** all week prior and then lays an egg, can not take his own medicine and throws a cheap shot like a thug.

Boise player should have been more classy but did not deserve a sucker punch.

And we won't be seeing him again, this season.

After watching the clip a few more times from different angles, I think you've got to suspend Hout for a game as well, for being classless in victory by seeking Blount out and to show your fans and the rest of college football you won't stand for that with your program.

As if the punch wasn't bad enough, the flip-out afterward pretty much showcased Blount's crazy and is probably the reason he's gone for the season as opposed to just a few games.

Edited by Eagle1855

At work I was mentioning our victory to everyone I encountered. As soon as I mentioned football, everyone asked "Did you see that guy punch the other guy?"

So much for us getting good national publicity for our win.

I got a lot of "sweet!" and "awesome" remarks, without solicitation. I played it cool and said we are merely back where we should be... one of the fewer than 10 undefeated teams in the nation.

B)

ESPN this evening said scouts suggested that, prior to this, he was a third- or fourth-round draft prospect. After the incident, and especially after the season suspension, they're saying he will be undrafted free agent.

If he can play, do you think it matters? They gave Michael Vick a contract. Some people may call it the No Fun League, but it sure as hell has its share of thugs.

Glad this guy is gone for the year. The most disturbing thing about the punch was that he waited until the Boise St. player had been grabbed by his coach and had turned his head. Classless, cowardly conduct. Watch it again. It's not like it was a reaction punch. he waits a good second to a second and a half to throw the punch, waiting for his chance for a cheap shot. What a scared little punk.

So Long, Blount, Burn in.... oh, wait.

If you fast forward 10 years, it's easy to see this guy in a dope motel hitting the pipe.

Edited by UNT90

Glad this guy is gone for the year. The most disturbing thing about the punch was that he waited until the Boise St. player had been grabbed by his coach and had turned his head. Classless, cowardly conduct. Watch it again. It's not like it was a reaction punch. he waits a good second to a second and a half to throw the punch, waiting for his chance for a cheap shot. What a scared little punk.

So Long, Blount, Burn in.... oh, wait.

If you fast forward 10 years, it's easy to see this guy in a dope motel hitting the pipe.

Daammnn,

Now that's a Hot Sports Opinion!