Our Play By Play Man For The Army Game

SUMG

I was told today that doing play-by-play on the Army game (for Channel 21).....will be the great Brad Sham.

Awesome. If we can have 5 wins going into this game I smell sellout ! What better way to clinch a bowl berth!

* I'll be drinking Kool Aid all week!

Edited by NT03

Neat story that Steven B told me today:

I had always heard that in 1973 our broadcast team for NT football (Hayden Fry's first year)....were two future D-FW broadcasting legends: Brad Sham and Norm Hitzges.

Anyway, Steven told me today that Brad has always held NT in special regard. According to Steven, in a recent year, Brad was giving a guest lecture at NT......and opened up the floor for questions. Someone asked him why he wasn't wearing a Super Bowl ring. Sham said that he was never given one by the Cowboys. And Sham added that there is only one ring that he has from doing sports....and he still has it and cherishes it:

The 1973 Missouri Valley Championship ring that he was given for doing our games that year.

Pretty cool story, huh?

Edited by SUMG

I had always heard that in 1973 our broadcast team for NT football (Hayden Fry's first year)....were two future D-FW broadcasting legends: Brad Sham and Norm Hitzges.

Anyway, Steven told me today that Brad has always held NT in special regard. According to Steven, in a recent year, Brad was giving a guest lecture at NT......and opened up the floor for questions. Someone asked him why he wasn't wearing a Super Bowl ring. Sham said that he was never given one by the Cowboys. And Sham added that there is only one ring that he has from doing sports....and he still has it and cherishes it:

The 1973 Missouri Valley Championship ring that he was given for doing our games that year.

Pretty cool story, huh?

WAY COOL STORY...thanks for sharing it with us.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Awesome. If we can have 5 wins going into this game I smell sellout ! What better way to clinch a bowl berth!

* I'll be drinking Kool Aid all week!

Can you send me some of it?

Pretty cool story, huh?

That is a pretty cool story.