I Love The New Meangreensports.com

GreenBat

Could they at least attempt to not drop the "North Texas" logo on top of Cam's field position? They're supposed to be professionals. How about they not make a high school computers class mistake like that and stop making our school look stupid?

Okay, honesty-time.

The stuff that our athletic department does, as far as design goes, looks piss-poor. Like, it's the kind of stuff that I'd get failed out of my design classes for doing. Part of being a big-time program is looking like it, and all this "LETS MAKE ALL OUR CRAP GLOW GREEN", bad and rather careless work like what's shown in that gameday image, the entirety of the website...it's all terrible. Here's a hint: the UNT athletic font isn't suitable for writing anything more than the school's name and nickname. Don't use it to write out detailed information.

God, the stuff that the department puts out looks like something done for a high school, not a legitimate Div-I school.

Everything, all of it. The commercials, the print work, the website, all of the promotional materials, it's all crap. I wouldn't advise a client to run crap like this much less want my loved alma mater to do so.

Could they at least attempt to not drop the "North Texas" logo on top of Cam's field position? They're supposed to be professionals. How about they not make a high school computers class mistake like that and stop making our school look stupid?

Okay, honesty-time.

The stuff that our athletic department does, as far as design goes, looks piss-poor. Like, it's the kind of stuff that I'd get failed out of my design classes for doing. Part of being a big-time program is looking like it, and all this "LETS MAKE ALL OUR CRAP GLOW GREEN", bad and rather careless work like what's shown in that gameday image, the entirety of the website...it's all terrible. Here's a hint: the UNT athletic font isn't suitable for writing anything more than the school's name and nickname. Don't use it to write out detailed information.

God, the stuff that the department puts out looks like something done for a high school, not a legitimate Div-I school.

Everything, all of it. The commercials, the print work, the website, all of the promotional materials, it's all crap. I wouldn't advise a client to run crap like this much less want my loved alma mater to do so.

Not to excuse them for anything piss-poor, but I think our situation is a marketing/pr nightmare.

Eagles are one of the toughest mascots to work with, and our colors don't allow for a lot of creativity.

Remember those old 1990s websites with green-on-black text? horrible.

As part of my high school's first class, I was a part of a process that got to select the colors and mascot for our school. They brought in some pros and you know what they were adamant about? Eagles - though badass - are ridiculously hard to work with, and green does not go well with many other colors. I think that has lent ourselves to the constant changeovers year after year, be it toothpaste green, glow green, forest green, w/e....

Luckily we're always MEAN green :)

Really? Did you ever look at the old website? It was crap. This is a thousand times better. And there is content that is interesting and relevant. The athletic dept is making a valid effot to communicate with fans and keep them informed.

Bitching over a wrinkled $100 bill gets so damn old.

Couldnt agree more 97and03! Well said!!

Really? Did you ever look at the old website? It was crap. This is a thousand times better. And there is content that is interesting and relevant. The athletic dept is making a valid effot to communicate with fans and keep them informed.

Bitching over a wrinkled $100 bill gets so damn old.

I certainly wouldn't say "a thousand times better." Many of the articles would, and should, benefit from a spelling and grammar check, along with general proofreading by at least two other people. You can call it a "blog," but that does not excuse you from posting professional quality work.