Who Will Be Let Go Off First This Season?

UNT_playmaker

Wade Phillips without question. Dodge could go 0fer this year and will still be back for a fourth. If the Cowboys do not get out of the 1st round of the playoffs, Wade is gone. Cowboys wont make the playoffs, again, this year, IMO. Wades out, Mike Holmgren comes in next year.

Wade Phillips without question. Dodge could go 0fer this year and will still be back for a fourth. If the Cowboys do not get out of the 1st round of the playoffs, Wade is gone. Cowboys wont make the playoffs, again, this year, IMO. Wades out, Mike Holmgren comes in next year.

You know alot of people think that no matter what happens this season for the mean green that Dodge and Co. will be back, I think his security blanket is Riley, really because he is a true freshman quarterback and Todge can say this is a stellar qb and I need to be here to develop him, and also UNT can't afford another coach.

Wade Phillips is a really good guy and I like his coaching style, but insider tip: JERRY JONES WANTS THE COWBOYS TO PLAY IN THE SUPER BOWL IN ARLINGTON AND WILL DO EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

You know alot of people think that no matter what happens this season for the mean green that Dodge and Co. will be back, I think his security blanket is Riley, really because he is a true freshman quarterback and Todge can say this is a stellar qb and I need to be here to develop him, and also UNT can't afford another coach.

August 30, 2009

Some additional notes, thoughts on Cole

8:08 PM Sun, Aug 30, 2009 | Permalink

Brett Vito E-mail News tips

"As promised, I am back with some additional notes and thoughts on UNT landing Oklahoma State transfer William Cole....

The addition of Cole is just another reason Dodge will be back next year no matter what when all is said and done. UNT is stockpiling talent. Even if this year is as big a disaster as the last two, or really every season since 2004, UNT officials will start to look at what is in place in terms of talent and let it ride for another year.

UNT doesn't lose a lot of players after this season."

Guest GrayEagleOne

Wade Phillips. JJ will not blame the General Manager for any failure so it has to be the coach. Anything less than a playoff win and I think that Phillips is gone.

On the other hand, with the increasing improvement in talent that Dodge and his staff are acquiring, it would take a disastrous, no-improvement season for Todd to be dismissed.

I do think that this is a moot question, however. Barring injury to Riley, I believe that you will see a pretty dramatic turnaround this season; saving his job and the program.