Fiu To Open Up Against North Carolina

SUMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know that Isaiah would want to breach that contract. If he can't talk the Gazelle Group into changing the opponent then he must honor it or be banned, probably forever, from the Legends Tournament.

Whomever from FIU that negotiated that contract should have been specific that they would not play North Carolina; otherwise, I don't see that they have a leg to stand on.

I don't blame Thomas for being upset. They're hardly ready to play the defending national champions and Gazelle knows it. Think there was any pressure from North Carolina to get FIU as an opponent?

I don't know that Isaiah would want to breach that contract. If he can't talk the Gazelle Group into changing the opponent then he must honor it or be banned, probably forever, from the Legends Tournament.

Whomever from FIU that negotiated that contract should have been specific that they would not play North Carolina; otherwise, I don't see that they have a leg to stand on.

I don't blame Thomas for being upset. They're hardly ready to play the defending national champions and Gazelle knows it. Think there was any pressure from North Carolina to get FIU as an opponent?

FIU is not ready to play Ohio State.

The tournament format calls for four pre-selected hosts -- Ohio State, North Carolina, California and Syracuse -- automatically advancing to the semifinals at Madison Square Garden, regardless of what happens in the event's early round.

It doest matter who they play, FIU is just chum for the top 4 sharks in the tournament. They just need to take the check and butt-whoopin and move on.

FIU is not ready to play Ohio State.

It doesn't matter who they play, FIU is just chum for the top 4 sharks in the tournament. They just need to take the check and butt-whoopin and move on.

They may be able to give Ohio State a fight, and that's possibly why the match-ups were altered. If not that, then why?

I don't really like how FIU has been treated in this ordeal but FIU did sign a contract that stated that that the opponent could be changed. Play the game and learn from the mistake.

The Princeton, N.J.-based Gazelle Group, which operates the tournament, said Garcia signed a contract in November 2008 stipulating the Golden Panthers would play Ohio State or North Carolina sometime between Nov. 9-13. Garcia acknowledged signing that deal.

FIU has NO case. Garcia signed the contract and admitted it. Could have been Ohio State , could have been UNC