Gomeangreen.com Scrimmage #2 Recap

Harry

So I am writing comedy now? Funny glowing report?

If you were at the scrimage, and sitting with me and the other 12-15 Mean Green fans in the group,

maybe you would have a different opinion about this team. Several of the veteran's in this group know

college football, and each had very positive views on this team.

I think it would do you some good to talk to the coaches, just like I have.

If you want to see a team that is evolving into a prety good team, watch this North Texas team.

If you want comedy, watch Ball State ex David Letterman.

So what's the overall census on how many wins this team will win this year thru the eyes of the positive veteran's group ?

Edited by NT03

Now, that, was indeed, painful to watch. I can't believe I made it through the whole thing.

Charlie nt73. Nice recap of the scrimmage. As you know, I also feel this team will be much improved over the last couple of teams we have seen play for the Mean Green. Some folks are just not going to find anything positive to say about this coach, this team, this QB, etc. No problem. I understand why they may be a bit skeptical as we have all witnessed some pretty tough losses the last couple of years. But, like you, I think UNT is ready for some serious payback this season. I am looking for a min. of 5 wins and with any luck and a few good bounces, UNT could get that 6th win. I think many people will be pleasantly surprised by what they see against Ball State from the Mean Green.

GO MEAN GREEN.

Sweet merciful crap - you are impossible.

Any hots in the group of men you saw enter the field, or do you subscribe to the "rather have a bushel of 7s and 8s than a couple of 10s" theory?

This is positively shameful. How can you pick on a 73 year old? Are you like the young guy in the keystone light commercial assaulting the senior citizen with beer cans?

Do you also love terrorists? Do you hate puppies? Shame on you sir.

This is positively shameful. How can you pick on a 73 year old? Are you like the young guy in the keystone light commercial assaulting the senior citizen with beer cans?

Nicely done.

53799d1233210381t-herbert-family-guy-old

I am not sure, but I am going to go out on a limb and say NT class of '73. Which would be about 59 years old.

So I am writing comedy now? Funny glowing report?

If you were at the scrimage, and sitting with me and the other 12-15 Mean Green fans in the group,

maybe you would have a different opinion about this team. Several of the veteran's in this group know

college football, and each had very positive views on this team.

I think it would do you some good to talk to the coaches, just like I have.

If you want to see a team that is evolving into a prety good team, watch this North Texas team.

If you want comedy, watch Ball State ex David Letterman.

Since we've been getting along so well lately, I thought I'd give this one more try. I know you weren't trying to be funny here - but that is what made this amusing.

Let's say I take your text and add in an old Mean Green favorite:

1. I arived early, before Johnny Quinn arrived. As he came in, he was carring his pads. The first thing I noticed was this. He looked like an Under Armor model - he's in shape; he certainly has added muscle and shed fat. As the scrimage progressed, you could clearly see he was bigger. Another note- none of the players were

holding their arms on their hips, or looked tired. These guys are in shape.

I mean, that's borderline suspendable! Trust me, I know better than most that we are not allowed to comment on the boys like this.

Having said that, here's to more great practices and a great 12-0 season!

Now, that, was indeed, painful to watch. I can't believe I made it through the whole thing.

Charlie nt73. Nice recap of the scrimmage. As you know, I also feel this team will be much improved over the last couple of teams we have seen play for the Mean Green. Some folks are just not going to find anything positive to say about this coach, this team, this QB, etc. No problem. I understand why they may be a bit skeptical as we have all witnessed some pretty tough losses the last couple of years. But, like you, I think UNT is ready for some serious payback this season. I am looking for a min. of 5 wins and with any luck and a few good bounces, UNT could get that 6th win. I think many people will be pleasantly surprised by what they see against Ball State from the Mean Green.

GO MEAN GREEN.

Come on, man. I am optimistic that this team will be improved, but let's not sugar-coat the last 2 years of complete FAIL. Worst college football team of all time was NOT a label that could just be dismissed without real debate. For that reason alone, I don't think people need to keep getting knocked on the head for being a bit cautious as it relates to the '09 version of the UNT football team.

I want to see this team get off to a strong start to help build confidence. More than anything else, though, I want to see this team get into a tough game and fight back.