What Should Be The First Offensive Play Of The Season?

island eagle

Of course, the answer to this depends on many factors that will be unknown until the game gets underway (our starting field position, Do we have the ball first? Are we tied at 0-0 or trying to play catch up at 0-7 or 0-3?

But, all things being equal (ie no compelling reason to choose either a run or pass play due to prior or existing circumstances), I am of divided mind about what our first offensive play should be. On the one hand, it seems smart to test out Ball State's defensive line , our new offensive line and bevy of good running backs and see if we can push it down their throats. On the other hand, starting off with a pass does send a message (we are out to win this thing, not just stay close).

I wonder what others are thinking about this.

Of course, the answer to this depends on many factors that will be unknown until the game gets underway (our starting field position, Do we have the ball first? Are we tied at 0-0 or trying to play catch up at 0-7 or 0-3?

But, all things being equal (ie no compelling reason to choose either a run or pass play due to prior or existing circumstances), I am of divided mind about what our first offensive play should be. On the one hand, it seems smart to test out Ball State's defensive line , our new offensive line and bevy of good running backs and see if we can push it down their throats. On the other hand, starting off with a pass does send a message (we are out to win this thing, not just stay close).

I wonder what others are thinking about this.

Take a knee, from under center. My reasoning is two fold. First, it will confuse them. Second, with that play out

of the way we won't have to use it for the rest of the game.

I'd hate to feed some of the previous threads....but I think my football weenie might move a little if I saw 2 tight ends, power eye formation with cam getting the ball from riley under center and we have micah doing his best moose impression... twood also be a bit of a surprise to the defense too... guaranteed they are prepping for nothing but the spread...if in fact they still have to prepare for u of nt.

of course, if it goes for negative yardage... it will remain dormant...

so I vote for positive yards to the right as my first offensive play.

Let's start off by returning the kickoff 7-10 yards so we aren't ass end against our own endzone for once in a decade! The lets show some stones and do a play action fake to Cam with Riley rolling out to the sideline and having the option to go down field or keep it depending on how the defense reacts. Let's show them Riley's speed right off the bat which will make life easier for our WR corps!

Let's start off by returning the kickoff 7-10 yards so we aren't ass end against our own endzone for once in a decade! The lets show some stones and do a play action fake to Cam with Riley rolling out to the sideline and having the option to go down field or keep it depending on how the defense reacts. Let's show them Riley's speed right off the bat which will make life easier for our WR corps!

I like the cut of your jib Smithers.

I'd hate to feed some of the previous threads....but I think my football weenie might move a little if I saw 2 tight ends, power eye formation with cam getting the ball from riley under center and we have micah doing his best moose impression... twood also be a bit of a surprise to the defense too... guaranteed they are prepping for nothing but the spread...if in fact they still have to prepare for u of nt.

of course, if it goes for negative yardage... it will remain dormant...

so I vote for positive yards to the right as my first offensive play.

If they do that, I'm starting the "Throw the Ball" cheer again :P

Go Trips Left, RB on strong side. PA Zone Read, have the inside (Z) Reciever run a deep cross. Have X run a streak. Y can cross for the outlet pass.

Spoken like a true NCAA football video game addict.

So when do you play the Ball State guy (you're still doing that, right?) and when will it be available for viewing? I'm desperate for any kind of football!

Spoken like a true NCAA football video game addict.

So when do you play the Ball State guy (you're still doing that, right?) and when will it be available for viewing? I'm desperate for any kind of football!

Lol.

Yes I am still doing that. It is going to be on the 2nd of September. I figured the closer to the actual game the better. It will be on my other site.

We have worked out all the kinks ( i had to find an xbox 360 to use ) and it should all go well.

There is even a test video if you scroll down some. You can see my test game vs the computer.

EDIT: Fixed the embed there. For some reason I put it on the wrong update. 'sall good now fellas.

Edited by aztecskin

I say confuse the D. Come out in an I-form, TE right. Run a strongside lead with Cam barreling his way for 5 yds. Punch them in the mouth on 1st play and let them know NT came to play for 48 minutes. Next play I-Form, TE right, Strongside Counter Trap. Let Cam dance off tackle for 5-7yds. Defensive coordinators will be like "where the hell's the 5 wide???"

:P