Over / Under Giving Up 100 Pts

NT03

Over, and it won't even be close. It has been done once in the last five years. Through three games, we've never been lower than 60 in the last eight years, and that is from our great 2002 defensive team that held Texas to 27 and sacked Chris Simms all over the place (it also benefitted from a home game shutout of Nicholls State). If we're taking an average of the last five years, we're looking at an over of 127 or 42 points per game.

Game 1 at Ball State: Ball State 28, UNT 19

Game 2 OHIO: Ohio 25, UNT 22

Game 3 at Alabama: Alabama 47, UNT 6

I predicted we'd give up 100 on the nose for the first three games. That would be a vast improvement over the past two seasons. Over the past five seasons, we've only held our first three opponents under 100 points combined once - and it wasn't during our Sun Belt title run!

2008 = 142 in first three games

Kansas State 45, UNT 6

Tulsa 56, UNT 26

LSU 41, UNT 3

2007 = 154 in first three games

Oklahoma 79, UNT 10

SMU 45, UNT 31

Florida Atlantic 30, UNT 20

2006 = 90 in first three games

Texas 56, UNT 7

UNT 24, SMU 6

Tulsa 28, UNT 3

2005 = 115 in first three games

UNT 14, Middle Tennessee 7

Tulsa 54, UNT 2

Kansas State 54, UNT 7

2004 = 137 in first three games

Texas 65, UNT 0

Florida Atlantic 20, UNT 13

Colorado 52, UNT 21

I guess I am the only one drink green Kool-Aid while wearing green glasses - we go 2 -1 and outscore our opponent 74 - 73 in that stretch...

34 - 14 Ball State

27 - 17 Ohio

13 - 42 Bama

You are drinking something that is green. I have Ball State scoring 14 on us in the first quarter.

Ball State 42 - 20

Ohio 35 - 21 (I really don't see it being this close when I consider the last two times I thought we would be close playing Tulsa and the subsequent outcomes)

Bama 52 - 10

I voted no thinking that this was a poll for any of the 1st three games, thinking that surely Alabama would not run the score up that high.

I need to work on my attitude.

But, Id be pleasantly surprised if we were under 120 for the 1st 3 games combined.

• 1 month later...