Unt Focuses On Tackling

Brett Vito

"UNT has tried to build on the base it laid in the off-season by tackling more in practice and having its defense go against its starters on offense more often this fall. Dodge said he wants to have his players be smart and stay off each others legs, while still getting enough contact to be better prepared to tackle."

What the heck does "be better prepared to tackle" mean?

Edited by TIgreen01

We need some "Tacklin' fuel."

Coach Klein: "I want you to think about all those mean people. They're gonna be your tackling fuel."

Bobby: "Tacklin' fuel."

Coach Klein: "We're gonna use them to play football."

Bobby: "Tacklin' fuel."

Not to be negative because I am generally optimistic about this season, but I have never seen worse tackling in my life above the AA High School level than I saw around here the last couple of years. Glad we seem to be making it a priority.

You must not have watched many Dallas Cowboy games last season. They were plain pitiful...along with the Mean Green. I do not think it is negative to point out the obvious fact that tackling was a "challenge" for last year's Mean Green. I am pleased to see the emphasis on this of the very basic skills related to the sport called football. It's amazing to me that kids can get to the D-1 level and tackle as poorly as NT did last season. Improve this area, and "W's" will increase.

GO MEAN GREEN!