A Pile Of Crap From The Dmnews Blog

SUMG

What's the point? They put three schools together.....and the whole deal is 5 minutes long. Why even bother? And you can tell neither one of these two people have a clue about us---other than Dodge, they didn't mention anyone else associated with the program. Idiots at newspapers.....brought about their own demise:

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews...tml?nvid=388540

Edited by SUMG

Yeah but when DMN writes more about OSU's defense, then the local schools that pathetic. So regardless of how good our coach is, its still a slap in the face to all three schools. I bet they want to be like USA today and write about how fast Terrelle Pryor is. (well until they realize how fast Baylor's Robert Griffin is.)

Yeah but when DMN writes more about OSU's defense, then the local schools that pathetic. So regardless of how good our coach is, its still a slap in the face to all three schools. I bet they want to be like USA today and write about how fast Terrelle Pryor is. (well until they realize how fast Baylor's Robert Griffin is.)

JJ Taylor is an Ohio State alumni so don't be surprised when some at the DMN writes nice things about OSU. They're just kissing the hind end of one of the favorite children at the DMN.

It's my understanding DMN at FWSTAR are sharing sports content.

They do on some things. They have the exact same Rangers reports....but different Cowboy beat writers. I haven't seen any of Vito's stuff in the FW paper......yet. But you might be right.....that might be their plan for the upcoming season.

They do on some things. They have the exact same Rangers reports....but different Cowboy beat writers. I haven't seen any of Vito's stuff in the FW paper......yet. But you might be right.....that might be their plan for the upcoming season.

I've seen nothing since their first announcement awhile back, but it did include this caveat with no clarification:

The two papers will also share coverage of some college teams and a few other sporting events

Here is the link to the UNT preview: UNT Preview Link

I do like this quote:

"Riley was always around and has grown up around coaches, locker rooms and football games," said Hal Wasson, who took over for Todd Dodge at Carroll and coached Riley in his senior season. "He didn't start preparing for this season last fall, he has prepared for it all his life."

Here is the link to the UNT preview: UNT Preview Link

You don't have to read the byline to know who wrote this:

The Mean Green finished last in the Sun Belt Conference in points scored (20.0 per game) and last among Bowl Subdivision teams in points allowed (47.6 per game) for the second straight season. Seven UNT kicks were blocked, and the Mean Green gave up five touchdowns on returns.

UNT's .143 winning percentage in the last two seasons is the worst for back-to-back seasons in the program's 93-year history. Of its 21 losses in that span, 12 have come by at least 28 points.

He leaves his signature all over it, doesn't he? ;)

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

You don't have to read the byline to know who wrote this:

He leaves his signature all over it, doesn't he? ;)

I'm just guessing, but I think the disadvantage for Brett here is that he covers a team that finished last in the Sun Belt Conference in points scored (20.0 per game) and last among Bowl Subdivision teams in points allowed (47.6 per game) for the second straight season, had seven kicks blocked, and gave up five touchdowns on returns, accumulating a .143 winning percentage in the last two seasons, which was the worst for back-to-back seasons in the program's 93-year history, including 12 of 21 losses in that span that came by at least 28 points.

I'm just guessing, but I think the disadvantage for Brett here is that he covers a team that finished last in the Sun Belt Conference in points scored (20.0 per game) and last among Bowl Subdivision teams in points allowed (47.6 per game) for the second straight season, had seven kicks blocked, and gave up five touchdowns on returns, accumulating a .143 winning percentage in the last two seasons, which was the worst for back-to-back seasons in the program's 93-year history, including 12 of 21 losses in that span that came by at least 28 points.

Hint: The ;) indicates I might be joking around.