George Dunham Talking About Football Rankings

Green59

George Dunham and Craig Miller were discussing college football rankings this morning on The Ticket. The subject of UNT being ranked 119 came up. George said he had been to a few August practices and feels they will be improved this season. George went on to say if UNT ends up at 119 at the finish of the season he will walk from Dallas to Denton.......in a dress!

Does Craig Miller have faith in NT?

Here is my question: there are several hundred thousand UNT alum, who unfortunatley, don't care about UNT or UNT football. Why the love-fest for bashing on Junior Miller? Should threads be started identifying and criticizing all the other alums who support OU or UT?

Newsflash: he's a rabid OU fan; lets move on.

Here is my question: there are several hundred thousand UNT alum, who unfortunatley, don't care about UNT or UNT football. Why the love-fest for bashing on Junior Miller? Should threads be started identifying and criticizing all the other alums who support OU or UT?

Newsflash: he's a rabid OU fan; lets move on.

The problem with your logic is that the others aren't heard by the greatest number of listeners in morning drive time as is Miller. The fact that he goes out of his way to bash his alma mater shows a ton about his character and self esteem. I too hope that he is never welcomed back to this campus.

The problem with your logic is that the others aren't heard by the greatest number of listeners in morning drive time as is Miller. The fact that he goes out of his way to bash his alma mater shows a ton about his character and self esteem. I too hope that he is never welcomed back to this campus.

Neh... never is along time, perhaps he can come back and be interested when we start winning again. I know we would love more GD's but they just aren't out there really. Craig can be an asset for us and our program when wining happens so lets not ostracize him just yet.

But yeah I would like to see more support from him, and a million dollars.

You know, when the program goes "big time" and most of you a-holes are squeezed out of MVP status by people who have money who jump on the bandwagon, the bitterness is going to be hilarious. As Bart Simpson would say, the ironing is delicious.

I think that honor could fall to:

1. Dr Phil, who most don't even know he has a UNT degree.

2. Mean Joe Greene, who on national TV for years would dodge the topic of his alma malter. (Do you wanna hope he never comes back)?

3. Robocop, the savior of New Detroit never mentions UNT.

George Dunham and Craig Miller were discussing college football rankings this morning on The Ticket. The subject of UNT being ranked 119 came up. George said he had been to a few August practices and feels they will be improved this season. George went on to say if UNT ends up at 119 at the finish of the season he will walk from Dallas to Denton.......in a dress!

That is good stuff. I hope he doesn't have to do that. I really don't want to see that on so many levels but it would be really funny.

That is good stuff. I hope he doesn't have to do that. I really don't want to see that on so many levels but it would be really funny.

Now George needs to get Miller to agree to the same if we finish above a certain level.

You know, when the program goes "big time" and most of you a-holes are squeezed out of MVP status by people who have money who jump on the bandwagon, the bitterness is going to be hilarious. As Bart Simpson would say, the ironing is delicious.

This is a great point and one I often thought of. In my opinion, since we've moved to a points system for things like seats in the new stadium, you ought to receive more points for consecutive years of season tickets, and a 10X factor if you had seats during the early dickey and Dodge years. Unfortunately, most of us will be on the 20's because we won't have enough points (read cash donation) to get closer.

Has he been fitted yet ? ;)

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

2009 : NO EXCUSES !!!

You know, you can always just get famous and talk about how it was all cuz of NTSU er UNT.

And then it won't matter what some dude says or doesn't say about UNT.

No use bitching about something that you can change.

When I make boatloads of cash off the internet ( cuz that's what happens, right? ) I'll be doing that.

Promise.

Wow I wouldnt make such a bet.

Then we don't need you as a fan!

Ummm. I think we need all the fans we can get, IMO.

UNT has a great game experience to offer. I'll bet there is a big chunk of our alumni base that isn't aware because they haven't given a game a try since before Rick took the reigns as AD. I wish we'd find a way to incent our D/FW alumni to just come to a game so we could get them hooked.

By the way, Craig and Corby both drive me nuts with their OU douchery and relative indifference toward their alma maters.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

Wow I wouldnt make such a bet.

Tell you what, I'll take some of that. If we finish 119, I'll JOIN Jub Jub. We just happen to have a spare bedspread that would make a lovely evening gown. :o

Just as a hedge though, if things go south, this post will disappear so fast, your collective heads will swim. :P

Ummm. I think we need all the fans we can get, IMO.

UNT has a great game experience to offer. I'll bet there is a big chunk of our alumni base that isn't aware because they haven't given a game a try since before Rick took the reigns as AD. I wish we'd find a way to incent our D/FW alumni to just come to a game so we could get them hooked.

By the way, Craig and Corby both drive me nuts with their OU douchery and relative indifference toward their alma maters.

Set your sarcasm detector to fun.

I asked this in another thread - and I certainly wish Corby would crawl in a ditch and die whenever he talks college football - but how many of you have had to deal with parents who strongly follow and root for their schools. It can play a big role in your childhood and influence you the rest of your life. Maybe not to the same extremes, but I don't think we need to lynch Junior just because he - like many others - has not declared unconditional love for the program.

Set your sarcasm detector to fun.

I asked this in another thread - and I certainly wish Corby would crawl in a ditch and die whenever he talks college football - but how many of you have had to deal with parents who strongly follow and root for their schools. It can play a big role in your childhood and influence you the rest of your life. Maybe not to the same extremes, but I don't think we need to lynch Junior just because he - like many others - has not declared unconditional love for the program.

OK, lynching would be strong but could we at least tie him up and throw stuff at him?

Again and again and again.

Miller grew up in Oklahoma City. Corby's dad played football at OU. Gee, what a shock that they ended up being OU fans.

Winning cures all of it. We're not winning. While OU is piling on Big 12 championship after Big 12 championship, you are expecting those two to talk UNT and TCU football? Yeah, sure.