Should The Gomeangreen Non Unt Sports Forum Be Reopened?

Harry

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

El Guapo weeps hot, bitter tears at the loss of this great forum.

El Guapo will begin shooting hostages from the last train robbery ever hour, on the hour, until it is reopened.

Are Mean Green fans falling from the sky?

Yes, El Guapo!

I am totally cool. But please make it easier for me to spell check since that is the best conservatives can come up with to argue against logic. Also, Harry, if you could add a sentence fragment fixer button as well.

I am sorry for calling FFR a leach off the goverment. :)

maybe just open a political forum board.....

Exactly the type of blanket labelling and name calling that got it banned in the first place. Can we try not to lose the Football Forum too?

I prefer Taco Bell. ...but Taco Bueno is also very good. In fact... BAD mexican food it better than GOOD most other types of food. Just sayin'.

"Why do white people think that Taco Bell is AUTHENTIC Mexican food? LMAO I love that line

If we're talking about a return to the political stuff that started popping up when the rules changed shortly before the election... NO. Leave it dead, burn it, bury the ashes, and piss on the mound of dirt covering them. This place is a forum for the Mean Green community, and nothing tears down community like political bickering. Besides, the governance of our nation is not a Sport, and shouldn't be treated as a side-taking, team-cheering topic.

But if we're talking about a general discussion forum for other sports, TV, and low-key topics that don't damage the camaraderie of this collection of fans, then I'm all for it. Just lay out the rules clearly and moderate with an iron fist.

Gagree

You know, I was thinking about quick serve mexi restaraunts... and I can't think of one that has "burrito" in the name. A lot of "Taco". Why is it that the burrito is so neglected.

It makes me sad for it.

Go up to Tulsa and be bombarded with "Taco Burrtio" commercials and then still have the commercial in your head 2 years later.

I voted yes, But only if political discussion is banned or HEAVILY moderated. Any name calling, personal attacks, or blanket labeling be met with a vacation. I lost alot of respect for several on this board because of that very reason, not their political views.

Ok... what about if it were reopened with the caveat that any political discussion (references, allusions, or commentary referencing political parties, in the sole discretion of the moderators) would be met with the heaviest of banhammers? I'm alright with that. But halfhearted moderation is a beating in the worst way. Either all in or all out. That's what I think.

There are enough folks who want the ability to discuss politics, it should not be banned. Just create a seperate forurm for it (The Pit of Dispair) and just make it clear that if you go in there it is unmoderated (or moderated by someone other than you guys who don't want to deal with it) and make the rules simple - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, ANYTHING ELSE GOES ...and don't get your feelings hurt. Make people get authorized to enter.

This solves all the problem. Gives the folks who want a political forum on this board what they want, and lets folks who don't want to see that stuff an easy way to ignore it.

Best of both worlds.

There are enough folks who want the ability to discuss politics, it should not be banned. Just create a seperate forurm for it (The Pit of Dispair) and just make it clear that if you go in there it is unmoderated (or moderated by someone other than you guys who don't want to deal with it) and make the rules simple - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, ANYTHING ELSE GOES ...and don't get your feelings hurt. Make people get authorized to enter.

This solves all the problem. Gives the folks who want a political forum on this board what they want, and lets folks who don't want to see that stuff an easy way to ignore it.

Best of both worlds.

They did that. It was still messed up by everyone.

Best of both worlds.

Alternatively, someone with strong political opinions could form a "mean green politics board." That way, everyone could draw each other offsides all they want with vehement team-oriented witch-hunting political panty raids. And moderators over here only have to worry about basketball threads being posted in the football forum.

THAT would be the best of both worlds.

I was not unhappy to see it go...but based on some of the comments I read, I voted that it should be re-opened, BUT if it is...I for one hope folks "play a little nicer in the sandbox". I would hate for friends and members of the Mean Green Nation to get so upset with each other over the stuff that they keep calling folks "out" and using foul language (or the not so cute disguises for foul language) and calling one another names...a civil debate would be much better for all.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I was not unhappy to see it go...but based on some of the comments I read, I voted that it should be re-opened, BUT if it is...I for one hope folks "play a little nicer in the sandbox". I would hate for friends and members of the Mean Green Nation to get so upset with each other over the stuff that they keep calling folks "out" and using foul language (or the not so cute disguises for foul language) and calling one another names...a civil debate would be much better for all.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Since you could multi-select, I chose to both keep it and remove it. I am in favor of it returning in two pieces. One for other sports, and one for politics. And never the two shall meet.

Since you could multi-select, I chose to both keep it and remove it. I am in favor of it returning in two pieces. One for other sports, and one for politics. And never the two shall meet.

Yep. I originally voted no, because I didn't want it back as was. But I do want tohe sports/random stuff part. Not the politics.

But if politics has its own private thing----that's fine I suppose

Edited by CMJ