I Like The Current Activity Of Nt Football

OldTimer

I like the current activity in obtaining quality 09 and 010 players commited to NT.

We've seen posting how losing 3 players from last year will hurt us this year. Lets see we lose a WR who might have played as a fr. A CB and Safety who would in all likely hood would be reshirted. In return we get, we get another shot at these player when they graduate from JC.

Three quality HS (09 signees) DE's in LaChristopher and KC Obi, a JC LB Sean Jackson, who can only improve a very good group of returning LB's. In addition we gain an outstanding LB from last years recruiting in Prior onboard. Also O So we lose 2 DB's that probably wouldn't play and gained two HS DE's...which is one of the two top hardest position to recruit. I was told earlier that we would impressed with these two...and I am.

LaChristopher Anyiam has offers from Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas and chose NT.

I like it that LB/DE ? Julian Herron a transfer from SMU even if he won't be able to play this year. He was discribed as a "beast" in HS and had offers from SMU, UTEP, Tulsa, Baylor, Washington State and Rice.

I like it that we have Keenan Flax OG now on board.....he had offers from UH, Iowa State, Missori, New Mexico in addition to NT.

Some of this may be repeated info but here's some info on the players:

We have a very good 7 player deep OL which should improve over last year along with a quality JC OL onboard and Flax has spent some time this fall on the 2nd team OL.

We have depth and quality at RB.

I like the JC DT and DE we recruited and who will play this year along with a number of DL returning with a year of experience and strengthening.

We now have two outstanding WR's in Jamaal Jackson and Mike Outlaw who were here for spring training along with JC Bennie Jones (sp?), Forest Rucker at 6-6, redshirted WR's back from last years squad. There are several other WR's returning that can contribute in the Desmond, Roberson, Baine, Freece johnson Plus 010 freshmen WR in Breland Chancelor 4.5 and 09 WR Darius Carey from La at 5-10 178, 4.5 We are hearing good things from fall camp already on our WR's.

010 Recruiting wise I believe NT is doing quite well....we have 4 known commits, 1 a 3*QB and one unknown 010 recruit at this time who I believe will turn out to be another quality recruit or we would know who he was and he would be highly recruited.

IMHO we have a very highly regarded QB who knows Dodge's system as good as Todd does... A little weak on proven backup but Tune has learned

the system, and we now have a true freshman from Glen Rose.who will probably red shirt.

I like the attraction of a new football stadium, the year of strengthning of our team, the new experienced coaches, more use of a TE for blocking and short passes, and the changes Dodge is making, .. There is so much to like.

Yep, the late signees change the complextion of the recruiting class. This could be really fun in 2010 and 2011.

Does anyone have any idea why Flax didn't go to Houston? Did they pull their offer for some reason or did he just have a change of heart?

I think LeChristopher may have a chance to crack the 2 deep as a true freshman this year.

Edited by UNT90