Future Of Nt Football

H-towngreen

While yes I am extremely excited for this year of NT football I couldn't help but look to the future while looking through the new media guide.

It really struck me while seeing who we were going to be losing following this season. And while yes they are a few big names, there are very few starters that we lose. Of our starters we lose Cam, Toby, and Gilmore. There are a few others who will be leaving as well but are not staters, Bush, Adams, Hollivay, Hill, Ross. Some of those guys are fighting for starting jobs, depending on how those battles play out we could very well be returning as many as 17-18 starters next season. It's even more exciting when you think about how well TD has done in his last couple recruiting classes. We are really starting to build alot of depth across the board. The additions to this years class were huge, and then throw in the 2 transfers who will be eiligible next season, Herron and Stratford. It has taken a while but I really think that TD is getting his people in here. I really think that by next season NT could seriously be in contention for the SunBelt title.

How many days till kickoff????

That's incredible.

It really is, while of course I'm really pumped for this season. I can't help to be super stoked for next season already. I'm calling it now, mark it down on the 12th day of August 2009, H-towngreen says that NT will compete for a Sun Belt title in 2010. Returning 93 of 105, add 2-3 Juco's again to fill in whatever voids there are, and then we also get all of our scholarships back.

Edited by H-towngreen

I was just listening to TD's press conference, he stated that we will only lose 13 of the 105 players in camp after this season. That is amazing.

The roster on the official site may not be up to date, but here's the numbers from there.

28 Freshmen

13 R/S Freshmen

26 Sophomores

28 Juniors

17 Seniors

Total of 112

While yes I am extremely excited for this year of NT football I couldn't help but look to the future while looking through the new media guide.

It really struck me while seeing who we were going to be losing following this season. And while yes they are a few big names, there are very few starters that we lose. Of our starters we lose Cam, Toby, and Gilmore. There are a few others who will be leaving as well but are not staters, Bush, Adams, Hollivay, Hill, Ross. Some of those guys are fighting for starting jobs, depending on how those battles play out we could very well be returning as many as 17-18 starters next season. It's even more exciting when you think about how well TD has done in his last couple recruiting classes. We are really starting to build alot of depth across the board. The additions to this years class were huge, and then throw in the 2 transfers who will be eiligible next season, Herron and Stratford. It has taken a while but I really think that TD is getting his people in here. I really think that by next season NT could seriously be in contention for the SunBelt title.

How many days till kickoff????

I suspect Ross will be a starter, however he is actually a junior. The official roster is incorrect, per his interview; he is a redshirt junior. As you have indicated this is a young team even with a heavy dose of jucos in the last two years.

It really is, while of course I'm really pumped for this season. I can't help to be super stoked for next season already. I'm calling it now, mark it down on the 12th day of August 2009, H-towngreen says that NT will compete for a Sun Belt title in 2010. Returning 93 of 105, add 2-3 Juco's again to fill in whatever voids there are, and then we also get all of our scholarships back.

It's in my sig. You're on record!