Green Guy Update Today

Harry

Here's the article link:

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...tclid=204771447

And its a good article I just disagree with Steven's comment, "We also can safely agree that Nathan Tune is what you want and need in a back-up role at QB. He's big, strong, knows the offense, and looks more and more comfortable every day. And stop right there, he isn't going to challenge Riley for the starting job, and Tune will even admit to that."

If Nathan Tune is the competitor that I believe he is, he would never "admit to that" because he doesn't believe it and he would do everything possible to unseat Riley from that job! That's what we need to develop here, is true competition at every position - yes even QB! If Nathan Tune is unwilling to challenge Riley then put in Chase Baine or the big freshman in there to get the reps.

Harry many people from the big town of " LAKE DALLAS" agree with ya brother!!!!! Let Chase Baine get some reps and lets open up the competion at QB !!! Heck even the Longhorns are having a battle to see who is going to be the number 2 man this year.

I will be there there SEPT 12!!!!!!

Here's the article link:

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...tclid=204771447

And its a good article I just disagree with Steven's comment, "We also can safely agree that Nathan Tune is what you want and need in a back-up role at QB. He's big, strong, knows the offense, and looks more and more comfortable every day. And stop right there, he isn't going to challenge Riley for the starting job, and Tune will even admit to that."

If Nathan Tune is the competitor that I believe he is, he would never "admit to that" because he doesn't believe it and he would do everything possible to unseat Riley from that job! That's what we need to develop here, is true competition at every position - yes even QB! If Nathan Tune is unwilling to challenge Riley then put in Chase Baine or the big freshman in there to get the reps.

Harry, I couldn't agree with you, and saysojo, more. No player should see themselves as a second or third team player. They will never get better if they do. If this really is Nathan Tune's belief (not beating out Riley), then Chase Baine should be making his move.

I think you all are reading way too much into that statement.

- Does Nathan understand that the starting job is Riley's to lose? Yes, and he would admit it. So would Chase Baine, and anyone else on the roster.

- Does this mean that Nathan will not be ready to go if Riley does lose it? I don't think so.

Gentlemen/UNT Supporters,

Allow me to clear the air on the Nathan Tune/QB situation as noted in this thread. I have known him for some time and feel confident in my credibility to respond. He IS a competitor and would not be investing his time and sweat if his mindset was anything less. Yes, he understands that Riley is much more accomplished coming out of HS, is a great athlete/QB, has spent the last 8+ years of his life learning the current version of TD's offense. Besides believing that he CAN play at this level, he is an unselfish teammate and pulls for all teammates alike regardless of position (dont think this makes him complacent by any means). Regardless of any QBs class, experience, all of them should be "making their move" every single day. If they are not, then they should unselfishly give up their position on the team for someone else with a competitive mindset. Saysojoe, if Chase is the best QB on the Team then time will prove it and I'm sure Nathan will support him as he would any other. I think all QBs realize that they are one or two plays away from being the starter. I think that realization motivates them. Hope you are all at ease now! GO MEAN GREEN!!

Edited by football fan