Montgomery Omitted From Doak Walker Watchlist

Guest GrayEagleOne

Guest GrayEagleOne

No respect again. Three backs from the Sun Belt Conference were chosen while Cam Montgomery was left off of the list. The three that are on the list are Reggie Arnold, ASU; DuJuan Harris, Troy; and Phillip Tanner, NMSU.

I would think that the primary factor would be last year's statistics. If that's the case then this is an injustice.

Montgomery 170 carries, 928 yards, 5.46 average

Arnold 197 carries, 1074 yards, 5.45 average

Harris 210 carries, 1077 yards, 5.13 average

Tanner 188 carries, 714 yards, 3.80 average

In my opinion, only Reggie Arnold is a better running back than Montgomery. His thin margin would be his ability as a receiver out of the backfield.

The only reason for the omission that I can see is that don't project Montgomery to have enough carries this coming year.

No respect again. Three backs from the Sun Belt Conference were chosen while Cam Montgomery was left off of the list. The three that are on the list are Reggie Arnold, ASU; DuJuan Harris, Troy; and Phillip Tanner, NMSU.

I would think that the primary factor would be last year's statistics. If that's the case then this is an injustice.

In my opinion, only Reggie Arnold is a better running back than Montgomery. His thin margin would be his ability as a receiver out of the backfield.

The only reason for the omission that I can see is that don't project Montgomery to have enough carries this coming year.

You're 100% spot on. I think Dodge is going to lean heavily on his son than experience at RB. :(

I think a 1-11 record had more to do with it, then any projections. Just like the all conference team, NT is not going to get any respect until they turn things around.