Flax Still Might Wind Up At Unt

NT03

That would be huge if Flax ends up here at NT!! I wonder if UH released him from his scholly if he would be available this year? Either way he prolly wouldn't get on the field this year. This could end up being a great recruiting class. There are a number of players to be excited about along both lines, especially if the Flax rumor is true.

This has been a very entertaining first day of camp.

I wonder what the story is on Flax. I am not sure what is most disappointing.

It is a shame he has to sit out a year because he made a mistake like that.

Yes, going to Houston is a mistake. Thats right, i said it! WHAT?! WHAT?!

From the NT website:

Flax, a 6-4 270 pound offensive lineman from Cy Ridge High School in Houston, was heavily recruited and had offers from Iowa State, Missouri, and New Mexico. The offensive lineman is eligible for the upcoming season.

NT offical link

So - sounds like he will play for the 2009 season then?

Well, now that I reread it I think they mean upcoming to be 2010. Otherwise it would have said for "this" season, no?

Edited by Stan R

Bad ass!! He is here for sure and elibigle this year. This has turned into a pretty solid recruiting class!!!

Dodge did a great job keeping in contact with these guys pulling and pulling them in last second

Agreed. I've been pretty critical of this staff , but keeping in touch with these latest recruits tell me this staff is doing a very good,diligent job on the recruiting front.

Edited by NT03

From the NT website:

NT offical link

So - sounds like he will play for the 2009 season then?

Well, now that I reread it I think they mean upcoming to be 2010. Otherwise it would have said for "this" season, no?

It sounds like Houston offered and then pulled their offer which means he didn't sign with them and thus would be eligible with us immediately. Had he signed with Houston he would have had to sit out a year. Nice pickup!

It sounds like Houston offered and then pulled their offer which means he didn't sign with them and thus would be eligible with us immediately. Had he signed with Houston he would have had to sit out a year. Nice pickup!

Wonder what would have caused UH to pull offer if they did pull it? Odd timing, but a nice cacth by TD and staff.