2 New 09 Signees

OldTimer

As everyone knows NT had 3 signees not qualify...who are going to JC route and we will have another change at them.

An earlier replacement was Sean January a LB from Scottsdale CC 6-0, 190

Now we have the names of the other two replacements and they are impressive:

DE LaChristopher Anyiam, Allen HS, 6-4, 247 He was a late qualifier that NT stuck with. He had offers from Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State. more info to come on recruiting board.

DE Kenechukwu Obi, Missiion Hills California HS, 6-2, 215, 4.5 a speedster. he also had major school offers. Also more to come fromhttp://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204770681&DB_OEM_ID=1800

link to athletic board on Obi

LaChristopher Anyiam is a stud who had several BCS offers. Big win for Dodge!

Harry, Cool your jets a little. While I hope you're correct. We need to wait 4 or 5 years before we can put him in the NT Hall of Fame.

I hope he turns out to be one of the best players ever to put on the Mean Green. But remember potential is a French word that means you haven't done a damn thing yet.

Harry, Cool your jets a little. While I hope you're correct. We need to wait 4 or 5 years before we can put him in the NT Hall of Fame.

I hope he turns out to be one of the best players ever to put on the Mean Green. But remember potential is a French word that means you haven't done a damn thing yet.

So he should wait to be enthusiastic about the guy ?

Of course...how dare someone say something enthusiastic or positive about something related to Mean Green football. What must they have been thinking? You know, if you are a "true" Mean Green fan, you cannot get excited about the approaching season or say anything positive about players, coaches, prospects, etc. I mean, what could Harry have been thinking to post something positive about a late signee that looks like a very good catch? Gee, how out of charater for a "real" fan of the Mean Green.

SCARCASM APTLY IN PLAY!!! <_<<_<:ermm::shocking:

A "REAL Fan" Remembers Evyn Roman, No. 37 the kid with the long hair. He was a late signee who was supposed to be the SHUT DOWN corner that NT needed. And the answer to our return game problems. Where is he know? Could still be at La Tech, I don't know. The point I'm attempting to make is yes this kid was a good player in HS, but there are a number of good players in HS that are not Star players in college. Look at Spencer Stack. Again I say, I hope that he is a quality player. Just don't reserve a spot for him in the Hall of Fame.

A "REAL Fan" Remembers Evyn Roman, No. 37 the kid with the long hair. He was a late signee who was supposed to be the SHUT DOWN corner that NT needed. And the answer to our return game problems. Where is he know? Could still be at La Tech, I don't know. The point I'm attempting to make is yes this kid was a good player in HS, but there are a number of good players in HS that are not Star players in college. Look at Spencer Stack. Again I say, I hope that he is a quality player. Just don't reserve a spot for him in the Hall of Fame.

No one has said anything about how he will do here. we are just excited about the interest he recieved prior to coming here. And that is all we can go on. Which is ok. Should we not have gotten excited when Vizza had offers but chose us? Or what about Jamario? Riley Dodge? Did we not have any reason to be happy that Brandon Kennedy chose us over his offers? There is nothing wrong with being pumped up and hopeful for a player coming in.

*edit* oh wait, you are just referring to late qualifiers. In that case, Andy Brewster was a late qualifier and I think so was Evan Cardwel if I remember right. They seemed to work out well.

And I haven't yet read anywhere that they seem to automatically put them as a UNT legend.

This is a great pick up for the meanie greenies and we all have good reason to be excited for him coming here.

Edited by Travis

No one has said anything about how he will do here. we are just excited about the interest he recieved prior to coming here. And that is all we can go on. Which is ok. Should we not have gotten excited when Vizza had offers but chose us? Or what about Jamario? Riley Dodge? Did we not have any reason to be happy that Brandon Kennedy chose us over his offers? There is nothing wrong with being pumped up and hopeful for a player coming in.

*edit* oh wait, you are just referring to late qualifiers. In that case, Andy Brewster was a late qualifier and I think so was Evan Cardwel if I remember right. They seemed to work out well.

And I haven't yet read anywhere that they seem to automatically put them as a UNT legend.

This is a great pick up for the meanie greenies and we all have good reason to be excited for him coming here.

I agree, I'm happy that he chose NT. I'm just saying control the enthusiam. Remember this program has an 8-39 record over the last four seasons. Not one player is going to change that.

Nothing would make me happier than a 12-0 NT regular season and the Mean Green being the BCS buster. But I'm realistic and the chances of the team going .500 are much more in line to my expectations.

And I think you're incorrect on Andy Brewster being a late qualifier. Not sure about Evan, but I know Cody Spencer was.

I agree, I'm happy that he chose NT. I'm just saying control the enthusiam. Remember this program has an 8-39 record over the last four seasons. Not one player is going to change that.

Nothing would make me happier than a 12-0 NT regular season and the Mean Green being the BCS buster. But I'm realistic and the chances of the team going .500 are much more in line to my expectations.

And I think you're incorrect on Andy Brewster being a late qualifier. Not sure about Evan, but I know Cody Spencer was.

Yes Cody was....and he is currently still in pro football as part of the Detroit Lions....lets hope history repeats itself!

Yes Cody was....and he is currently still in pro football as part of the Detroit Lions....lets hope history repeats itself!

Cody Spencer had a problem getting cleared to play by the NCAA because of the odd grading system used by his high school. As I recall it, he always would have met the academic requirement if his high school had used the standard grading format and once it was interpreted correctly, he was certified eligible.

Comments relative to other posts: I don't think either Cardwell or Brewster had any academic issues. Brewster was an all state player but deemed to small by everyone to play until NT picked him up late. I don't think anyone thought Roman was a shut down corner back but rather a player with some speed who was available and worth taking a chance on. By the way, Roman was a gutsy kid who was totally mishandled along with every cornerback on that team. I am not sure Deon Sanders would have been successful trying to play that defensive scheme.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Has anyone been able to find any info on Obi? The only information that I can find is that San Jose State had him on their list of top linebackers in California. He was listed as 6'3. 225 pounds but no 40 speed was posted. The Spartans want $10 (monthly subscription) for more information on the article so I wasn't interested.