Schedule Update

NT03

So far.....the home OOC schedule pretty much sucks.

We know we go to A $ M, Okie State, UTA and Boise State in OOC on the road.

And the only two home OOC games so far are Jax State and Cameron.

Looks like JJ is having difficulty getting folks to visit The Pit. The better ya play the harder it is to get OC home games. :(

Looks like JJ is having difficulty getting folks to visit The Pit. The better ya play the harder it is to get OC home games. :(

Yep. Teams took notice when Oklahoma State fell to the Mighty Mean Green at the pit. I doubt we are going to host any BIG XII opponents anytime soon ( even tho Tech still owes us a game here ). My guess we fill up the remaining OOC home games versus the likes of Sam Houston State ( and/or another Southland team ) and someone like a Houston Baptist ( which I'm pretty sure they will be coming here ) and/or a TXPA.

SMU continues to be a little BiA Bia and will not schedule us. Maybe if Doh is ever fired over there the new coach will want to renew the series. Wouldn't mind seeing TCU on the schedule every year again also. The 4 teams in the metroplex should get together every year and be in a season opening tournament with the host team rotating each year. NT,TCU,UTA,SMu.

Dominate the home court , play some solid teams on the road and hopefully knock off a few. I'm expecting 22+ wins this year and hopefully a deep run in the conference tourny.

Edited by NT03

If a Non Power league school gets REALLY good they have a decent enough time getting the Big 6 conference to play ball. We're sorta in an awkward stage; too good to be viewed as an automatic road W(so they don't wanna end up like OSU), but not good enough to help our their ratings.

Edited by CMJ

I'm actually thinking about going to that game.

Rumor has it we will also be looking for another game up there along the West Coast. Would make more sense than to make the long travel just for 1 game. I have no idea whom , but would think somewhere along the lines of a Idaho , Idaho State.

Rumor has it we will also be looking for another game up there along the West Coast. Would make more sense than to make the long travel just for 1 game. I have no idea whom , but would think somewhere along the lines of a Idaho , Idaho State.

Excellent. Granted, I wish we were traveling somewhere closer to Los Angeles than Idaho - but if I can work it right I'd love to see us play in person. It's been acouple of years since I've done so.

Being so close to Turkey Day might present a problem. We shall see.

Edited by CMJ

Yep. Teams took notice when Oklahoma State fell to the Mighty Mean Green at the pit. I doubt we are going to host any BIG XII opponents anytime soon ( even tho Tech still owes us a game here ). My guess we fill up the remaining OOC home games versus the likes of Sam Houston State ( and/or another Southland team ) and someone like a Houston Baptist ( which I'm pretty sure they will be coming here ) and/or a TXPA.

SMU continues to be a little BiA Bia and will not schedule us. Maybe if Doh is ever fired over there the new coach will want to renew the series. Wouldn't mind seeing TCU on the schedule every year again also. The 4 teams in the metroplex should get together every year and be in a season opening tournament with the host team rotating each year. NT,TCU,UTA,SMu.

Dominate the home court , play some solid teams on the road and hopefully knock off a few. I'm expecting 22+ wins this year and hopefully a deep run in the conference tourny.

this wouldn't happen because smu wouldn't want to be the one to end up 0-3 every year, then no recruits would go their way from the metroplex/north texas region.

Edited by Green Crazy

You'd probably have two more games on the stage including this season. The new building is supposed to open Spring 2012, so I'm not sure if we'd get to play the last part of the season in the new building or just wait until the start of the 2012-2013 season. UTA-UNT series will be in Arlington 2009-2010, Denton 2010-2011, Arlington 2011-2012.

I wonder if they might give UNT home games in consecutive seasons to have UNT at UTA the first season in the new building?

Edited by utamav91