Rucker Back On The Team

UNTLifer

From The DRC:

"Rucker was among the most impressive of UNT’s young wide receivers after he signed with the Mean Green in 2008, but broke his collarbone in the first scrimmage of fall workouts and spent his first season at with the Mean Green as a redshirt."

Broken Collarbone? Sounds like he's far too fragile to play college football.

From The DRC:

"Rucker was among the most impressive of UNT’s young wide receivers after he signed with the Mean Green in 2008, but broke his collarbone in the first scrimmage of fall workouts and spent his first season at with the Mean Green as a redshirt."

Sounds like the injury-prone label fits to me. What's next, a concussion?

From The DRC:

In all seriousness though. I am glad he has been reinstated.

Prior to the season ending injury was he used as an outside WR? Is he a speedster?

From The DRC:

VERY nice.

Maybe we should move him somewhere less physically demanding, like wide receiver or... Hmm, nevermind.

So when will we find out about Tyler Stratford?

In a recent quote, Todd Dodge said other coaches had told him something to the effect, "If you try putting a timetable on it, you'll drive yourself crazy." In other words, nobody has any idea when we'll find out. Before the Ball State game would be nice.

Maybe I was wrong about Dodge, he may be making us big-time after all. Overlooking legal issues if you can be an asset to the team, cough Sergio Kindle cough, what a BCS move.

He's just the latest at tU to get caught. I'll set the over-under for more HORNs to get in trouble with the law before the 2009 season starts at 2.

Maybe I was wrong about Dodge, he may be making us big-time after all. Overlooking legal issues if you can be an asset to the team, cough Sergio Kindle cough, what a BCS move.

:clapping:

Yep, as long a you can play football, felonies are no big deal. I think the lesson he learned was that since he has athletic ability, he gets special treatment. If he is like most, he will expect the same next time he commits a felony. Does anyone think that if this guy was a walk on he is still on the team? But I guess that is society these days, so:

Go Rucker. I seriously hope you have 20 touchdown catches this year.

Yep, as long a you can play football, felonies are no big deal. I think the lesson he learned was that since he has athletic ability, he gets special treatment. If he is like most, he will expect the same next time he commits a felony. Does anyone think that if this guy was a walk on he is still on the team? But I guess that is society these days, so:

The charges were dropped.

Well, if he were your average everyday walk on, I don't think his odds of being on the team would be all that hot anyway. Also, if he were not in the spotlight as a guy with athletic ability, he probably would have gotten a slight slap on the wrist with reduced charges for that crime EVEN if the charges were not dropped. Whatever the deal is here, I certainly hope that he has gotten his stuff together in a BIG way, and that he can also contribute to this football team in a way that will be beneficial to everyone. We shall see.

Well, if he were your average everyday walk on, I don't think his odds of being on the team would be all that hot anyway. Also, if he were not in the spotlight as a guy with athletic ability, he probably would have gotten a slight slap on the wrist with reduced charges for that crime EVEN if the charges were not dropped. Whatever the deal is here, I certainly hope that he has gotten his stuff together in a BIG way, and that he can also contribute to this football team in a way that will be beneficial to everyone. We shall see.

Not talking about the way the justice system dealth with him, talking about the way UNT dealt with him.

Yes, the charges were dropped, but lets remember he confessed to committing a felony. Not trying to Scarlet letter the guy, but the message it sends to him is that he is special and can get away with things other members of society cannot. I just hope he is mature enough to realize this will not always be the case.

Not talking about the way the justice system dealth with him, talking about the way UNT dealt with him.

Yes, the charges were dropped, but lets remember he confessed to committing a felony. Not trying to Scarlet letter the guy, but the message it sends to him is that he is special and can get away with things other members of society cannot. I just hope he is mature enough to realize this will not always be the case.

So your saying that if he was just a regular Jo attending UNT, that UNT would not have let him back in school, but since he played football he was allowed to? Do you think that if he was just an intermural player that Rec Sports would not allow him to play anymore? I understand people's reasoning about certain athletes getting special treatment, but this guy admitted to what he did wrong, apologized and did what he could to help the situation, went through the justice system, paid his time in not only public scrutiny (which by the way, if he wasn't an athlete nobody would have cared) but also had to sit out a year of football, and got the charges dropped. Now your saying that even though the UNITED STATES says that this guy is a FREE man and did not commit a felony, UNT should not allow him to play football? May I remind you that if you ran a business that way and refused to hire someone based solely on the fact that he was under investigation for a felony that you your self would be braking the law.