There it is! I didn't think of that! Why yes, yes he is, and his AIDS ridden blood contaminated the pool in the 1988 Olympics and he didn't say a thing about it to anybody!

If I had a dollar...

According to the EA website Fullerton's annual baseball expense is $208,528. Considering their total REVENUE for all teams is $9,261,092 I would think they turn a profit. We know they at least balance their budget overall.

Rick

Total revenue for all men's teams, excluding football and basketball is $1,894,301. This includes baseball, track, fencing, soccer, and wrestling.

The $208,528 is operating expenses. I'm not sure what that covers, but it sure as heck doesn't cover Dave Serrano's salary. He left a job at Irvine that pays over $250,000 for the Fullerton job. In addition, he has 3 full time assistant coaches. There is no way you've got a full-time coaching staff of four people, 11.7 scholarships, travel and equipment for 30 players, and pay out only a grand total of $208,528.

Is that the power hitter from Major League? I wondered what he had been up to since his retirement. Does he still have his Jabu shrine in his locker?

No he convert to Islam in the 1998 movie Major League III: Back to the Minors

I'd love to see a baseball team when the time is right... But baseball is not a revenue sport.

I meant revenue sport compared to college golf, tennis, track , swimming, etc...minor sports. I doubt any program at NT turns a profit for the program but I'd like to have another spectator sport at NT to draw fans up there in the spring.

• Upvote 1

Slam sailing if you wish, but rowing is incredibly taxing physically. It most definitely is a sport.

Oh, I agree it's physical, but should not be a college sport. Talk about difficulties in scheduling. Equestrian is in the same "boat" so to speak, not a traditional college fan sport. Give me football, basketball, and baseball, then if there is any money leftover they can spend it on whatever filler sports they wish. Until then I remain an unsatisfied customer! :P

• Upvote 1