Who's Going To Muncie?

Make my fire night dance that much more fun Mean Green! Send a signal to Burning Man - maybe that UFO on the Rose Bowl thread. No Muncie but looking forward to home opener!

Burn Da Man!

GMG

Lookin like both Evan and I are going to Muncie....and then South Bend.

While i've enjoyed a lot of the trips to the big boys, there's something cool about going to "smaller" school type atmosphere. Most of the people you meet are both friendly and hard core fans.

Ok...here are photos from my impromptu tour of the BSU stadium.

Overall, I think it is a very good stadium. A couple negatives that I address below. I think that it serves as a good model for how it will feel to be in our new stadium, but we can do ours better. Regardless, kudos to the Ball State program for having such a nice venue for football.

1. Here is a photo of the main entrance of the stadium...very nice in my opinion. I can imagine a huge SOW banner hanging from that press box :D

2. & 3. These were taken from the south end of the stadium.

ballstate2_222x500.jpg

I went up to the top of the home side of the stands, just under the press box and took these photos:

1. The south end of the stadium...also very well done. There looked to be offices and locker rooms under those stands.

2. Center of the field (call me Captain Obvious)

3. The north end. I like the grass and it looks like it could easily accomodate expanded seating.

ballstate3_222x500.jpg

Other various photos:

1. What I don't want to see in our new stadium...this looks like the underside of the stands at my high schools stadium. Taken from the southeast corner of the stadium. The whole visitor's side looks like a high school set up.

2. BSU's football training facility right behind the south end of the stadium. Nice, but I like our new digs better (at least from what I can see from the outside of this.

3. A view from outside of the stadium from the northwest. The supports under the concrete home side stands is simple and classy in IMO. When you get closer to it, the concrete is older so it seems that the stadium is older, but they've added on to it in recent years. Not a good option in our situation with Fouts.

4. They only had 3 panels of these $400+ dollar donors. I KNOW we can do much better!

5. Another photo from the southeast corner of the stadium.

6. This is what a track looks like without a stadium. Can't wait until we lose the track. Their track & field facilities are just north of the stadium.

ballstate1_446x500.jpg

A big thanks to FFR for editing these photos into a postable form. If anyone wants the bigger individuals of the photos above, PM me and I'd be happy to email them to you.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!