Three Kinds Of People

KRAM1

I received the annual OSU Alumni calendar in the mail yesterday...along with a nice new PLASTIC Life member card (already had one, but they updated them...I put plastic in caps because I have been after the UNT Alumni Assoc. to provide a much nicer membership card for their Life Members...the paper ones are a bit cheesy and say low-rent to me, but I digress...I also remember a great UNT Alumni calender that the master drex used to have a hand in creating every year....), and in with the calendar was a letter that could very easily apply to UNT...

It starts out, "One of my favorite sayings about the days ahead is that there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen and those who wonder what happened. We have a distinct window of opportunity to help shape the future of our university....." It goes on, but you get the drift.

I would ask everyone on this board to think about which of the three types of people you are when it comes to supporting OUR UNIVERSITY...UNT! With the stadium and hotel project developing, with the athletic program trying to reach for the next level, with the overall university reaching for a higher profile, what position will you take? There are three choices as listed above that pretty much cover it. Take a moment and think about where you are...are you really just trying to find reasons to "not contribute" because it gives you some form of comforting excuse? I hope not...UNT needs your support now more than ever as it is really on the road to "bigger and better". As the second DRC article pointed out, you do not have to have "Goldfield money" to support UNT, you just have to have the "want to".

Think it over. GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1