Nice Field Level Photos Of Troy's Stadium

NT80

I found some nice pics of Troy's stadium remodel (scroll down several posts). It's exciting to think how close our new stands will be to the field. I wonder how our pressbox side stands will compare in height from field level to this? There is also a link to some panoramic college stadium photos on that first post...

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13773

Edited by NT80

I just personally do not like end zone seats. And I do not want our new stadium to have a large section that will remind us of how we struggle with attendance. It is a fact and always has been. I just do not want to have these seats emphasize one of our shortcomings. The old fouts did have a great end zone with all the trees. It had a great natureal feel. Many old staduiums did not have end zone seats untial they started to fill up. I believe North Carolina and Duke were this way. I have always liked a grass bermed end zone for students. Virgina used to have this. It never looks empty. Kids tend to gravitate to it. I want us to look like a packed house instead of distributing our base over a stadium we will not be able to fill up for a while.

I just personally do not like end zone seats. And I do not want our new stadium to have a large section that will remind us of how we struggle with attendance. It is a fact and always has been. I just do not want to have these seats emphasize one of our shortcomings. The old fouts did have a great end zone with all the trees. It had a great natureal feel.

By "Old Fouts" do you mean the the pre-metal bleacher endzone seats Fouts?

I just personally do not like end zone seats. And I do not want our new stadium to have a large section that will remind us of how we struggle with attendance. It is a fact and always has been. I just do not want to have these seats emphasize one of our shortcomings. The old fouts did have a great end zone with all the trees. It had a great natureal feel. Many old staduiums did not have end zone seats untial they started to fill up. I believe North Carolina and Duke were this way. I have always liked a grass bermed end zone for students. Virgina used to have this. It never looks empty. Kids tend to gravitate to it. I want us to look like a packed house instead of distributing our base over a stadium we will not be able to fill up for a while.

The idea is to have fan noise to disrupt the opposing team when they are backed up near the end zone...although, you'd have to have people in the end zone seats to cause the disruption. So, we're back to square one - no matter what kind of stadium we have, we need people in it...and people who will go ahead and yell.

If you have ever been to Amon Carter Stadium at TCU, then you are aware of good end zone seats vs. bad (Fouts). The few that do currently sit in Fouts endzones will be much closer to the field and not a mile away.

And not building end zone seats de-emphasizes this struggle... how?

No, we're not going to fill it up for a majority of our games. That's a factor of our conference alignment. We have only two teams within reasonable driving distance of Denton. Move to C-USA and that changes to 6, maybe 8 depending on your definition of "reasonable".

But, when we do bring in the Armys, the K-States, the Tulsas, and the SMUs, we will fill those seats.

No, we're not going to fill it up for a majority of our games. That's a factor of our conference alignment. We have only two teams within reasonable driving distance of Denton. Move to C-USA and that changes to 6, maybe 8 depending on your definition of "reasonable".

But, when we do bring in the Armys, the K-States, the Tulsas, and the SMUs, we will fill those seats.

I don't mind the lower bowl of endzone seats to connect the sideline sections, but why an upper level of endzone seating? If the upper level will require support beams anyway why not put them above the student sideline seating and instantly increase their value? It makes no sense to have undesirable seating just to have a silly wingtip design in that endzone. :blink:

I've always advocated doing what a lot of schools do... put the marching band in the end zone. It will fill up a section , the sound of the band would be projected out towards both sides of the stadium, and it makes for a really loud end of the field.

I like it!