It's Fitting To See Palin Quitting

Always with Palin there was this cockeyed idea, usually from the yahoos on the right, the frauds who treat her as being real, that if you attacked her, you were attacking working moms and the “real Americans” she talked about in her speeches, the ones who live far from big cities. Or that you were somehow threatened by this strong woman. From the start, there was as much substance to that as there is to her political thought, which you could fit inside a golf ball.
  • Downvote 1

Not that I am a fan of hers, but Sarah Palin's political thought > Mike Lupica's political thought x 10.

That said, say so long to Sarah Palin's political career. Now, can true conservatives actually find a true conservative to nominate for President in 2012?

About as one sided as an article can get. Obama whined when his family was attacked by the press as well. And now his wife is off limits from the media as she gallivants around on a US Air force 757, that is usually reserved for the Vice President, to go shopping in London on the Tax payers dime. The thing only costs a $100,000.00 and hour to fly.

Seems like Obama was on his high Horse yelling at CEOs about flying in corporate jets, but being a hypocrite seems to be a norm for this clown.

About as one sided as an article can get. Obama whined when his family was attacked by the press as well. And now his wife is off limits from the media as she gallivants around on a US Air force 757, that is usually reserved for the Vice President, to go shopping in London on the Tax payers dime. The thing only costs a $100,000.00 and hour to fly.

Seems like Obama was on his high Horse yelling at CEOs about flying in corporate jets, but being a hypocrite seems to be a norm for this clown.

Why are they mutually exclusive topics? A criticism of Palin doesn't have to be an endorsement of Obama.

• Downvote 1

I think you replied to the wrong thread KDL. Obama has virtually nothing to do with Palin being a quitter. I thought it was a good story that summed up the ridiculousness of the Palin circus.

Edited by EagleGreen

If Obama was attacked 1/10th as much as Palin has been, J. Jackson, A. Sharpton etc. would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs. (Of course only if there was TV camera's rolling and a little cash in it for them).

Really? Really GM? You don't think Obama has been critiqued 1/10th as much as Palin? Have you read this forum lately? Are you living underneath a rock? I hope it is at least a green rock. I think the story (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/07/27/2009-07-27_lupica_oh_so_fitting_to_see_sarah_palin_quitting.html) did a good job of pointing out that Palin can't hack being a state governor and certainly can't hack occupying a federal post.

Edited by EagleGreen

Not that I am a fan of hers, but Sarah Palin's political thought > Mike Lupica's political thought x 10.

That said, say so long to Sarah Palin's political career. Now, can true conservatives actually find a true conservative to nominate for President in 2012?

Agree - that is why it is worth mentioning that even a retard like Lupica can reason his way around and figure out why she is a terrible option for Republicans.

• Downvote 1

I think you replied to the wrong thread KDL. Obama has virtually nothing to do with Palin being a quitter. I thought it was a good story that summed up the ridiculousness of the Palin circus.

Did you read the article you posted?

Sarah Palin quit on her stool as governor of Alaska Sunday night, talking about leadership as she did. She clearly imagines herself to someday be the next President of the United States, getting to tell guys like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad where to get off, yet leaves whining about a bad joke from David Letterman. You rarely get political farewells this funny outside the state of New Jersey.

Did you read the article you posted?

Of course I read the article. I think this part "Arnold Schwarzenegger, former actor, stands in there in California in the worst times his state has ever known. Palin cuts and runs." really sums it up. BTW, she was whining about the David Letterman joke. What does that have to do with Obama? You been hittin' the liquor?

If Obama was attacked 1/10th as much as Palin has been, J. Jackson, A. Sharpton etc. would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs. (Of course only if there was TV camera's rolling and a little cash in it for them).

Obama's CHILDREN has never been attacked either. After opening his big mouth and making such an asshat of himself over his friend Gates getting arrested, imagine the uproar we would have had to listen to if his kids were raked over the coals as the Palin children were?

Rick

Obama's CHILDREN has never been attacked either. After opening his big mouth and making such an asshat of himself over his friend Gates getting arrested, imagine the uproar we would have had to listen to if his kids were raked over the coals as the Palin children were?

Rick

Get one of them pregnant in a few years and then we can compare and contrast. Everyone is just pissy they are too young to be fair game because the last couple of presidents had great teen-aged comic fodder.

• Downvote 1

Rick

I still don't think Palin quitting has much to do with Obama but his kids were attacked, remember? No major uproar like the crazy speak from Palin after a comedian made a joke about her daughter, one sentence, not an attack. I'll give you the media criticism on her pregnant daughter being a hoe though...they did give her a hard time for that but mainly because her mom tried to spin it as a beakon for pro life. Anyway, I'm glad Palin committed political suicide (or at least I hope she did). I couldn't believe that babyarms won the Republican nomination especially after the crazy speak from him during his previous run (I was a Romney fan), and I certainly could not believe my eyes when McCain chose Palin. It sealed the deal for me.

Rick

Obama's children aren't placed on center stage by their father as national poster children for failed abstinence programs, early marriage, and the pro-life movement. Whatever it was that Palin's kid got herself into, it wasn't the business of the rest of the country. I found it as tasteless for her to try to exploit the situation as I did for the press to blow it all up in tabloid form.

Obama's children aren't placed on center stage by their father as national poster children for failed abstinence programs, early marriage, and the pro-life movement.

There's the key point right there.

Obama's standpoint about his kids during the election was, "I have kids. Don't follow them around, please."

Palin's was, "I have these kids, and they believe abstinence works, see? We're awesome. Oh wait, one has a kid out of wedlock but hey, pro-life because we're better than you. Also, stop talking about my kids, regardless of what I've said or the limelight I put them under."

Palin turned that one daughter of hers into a target. Mind you, the media isn't blameless, but Palin should've known better or at least not be surprised by this.

I know you do, because your a Lib and she's a threat to what you think and believe.

Rick

I've voted mainly conservative in my lifetime, and she's a threat to what I think and believe.

• Downvote 1

I know you do, because your a Lib and she's a threat to what you think and believe.

Rick

Actually, I am very conservative and think Palin is unacceptable as a serious conservative Presidential candidate. Everything that comes out of her mouth is scripted by political backroomers, much like our current President. Her accent is annoying to the average American. She should have taken care of her family first when her daughter got pregnant, not run for Vice-President (and this would go for any male candidate also).

Her selection was a cheap political gimmick by a democrat disguised as a conservative.

These political threads are all the same.

Right - Here is my opinion backed up by an editorial blog/article.

Left - That's just crazy. Here is a counter opinion that is actually correct with supporting editorial/blog to back up my opinion.

Right - You are, of course, wrong. Here are the facts of the matter, backed up by an editorial from a reputable source.

Left - That is just absurd. Your source is Right leaning. Palin sucks.

Right - Well, I don't like your tone. Palin is great. Obama is stupid. Have I mentioned his middle name lately?

Left - Every time you mention Obama's middle name, you are just fear mongering. Bush was a bad president.

Right - You are just blaming Bush for the problems that Obama has created. Obama is a Muslim and is not a US citizen.

Left - Now, that is not true and you know it. I will not even respond to that beyond what I have already said. Why do you have to lie? You have a stupid face!

Right - So do you!

Thread Locked.

Do we really need to continue the pattern?

Edited by forevereagle