New Artist Rendering Of New Stadium

NT80

I think it's getting there. Like FFR said, dont dismiss the winged endzone stands until you see them from an interior view. You really cant appreciate it until you've done a 360 around the facility to see how looks from different angles.

I'm sure some design features are still being worked out. Couple of my thoughts...

a. I realize that since the AC is at the South End Zone, this doesnt make an ideal spot for a scoreboard, so naturally it gets placed at the North End of the Stadium. Just like the idea of people entering the metroplex, driving South on 35, to look over to the West, see the stadium and be able to see the scoreboard all lit up with replays, graphics, etc. I think that would lend alot to drawing alot of curiousity, especially at night. But again, I get that this is probably the best place for the scoreboard because of the AC. Maybe some ligted graphics, something a little sexier on the back side of the scoreboard, scrolling text, etc. Just a thought.

b.Also, because of the same viewpoint (majority of people seeing the stadium from 35 will be driving South) I wish there was a more architecturally dominant feature on the Northwest Corner of the stadium.

I like the 50's retro look....and the scoreboard looks cool from this view....just my opinion....

You know one of the important aspects of propaganda (read: "Marketing") is reinforcement/frequency. To this point if you look at the press box side of the stadium. Notice the eagle built into it? In my opinion, moving forward, every new building on campus should have this SOW logo (Or shall we call him Mao?) as well as "Mean Green" built into/carved into it be it a pattern, belt, on each corner, doorways etc. Our brand should be in the face of every student and visitor at every turn for every moment they are on campus.

Something else I forgot to mention in my previous comments...

Alot of people are going to whine about the endzone structure being exposed, saying it looks cheap, like an erector set, etc etc. etc. (We've all heard those before). But again, it's true about what FFR said earlier, this can be covered/dressed up in time, probably whenver the next expansion takes place. But the part I really appreciate about it. It's not your coventional steel framing. If you look close enough, you can see it's framed out of what's referred to as a "space frame", which is a kinda 3-dimension truss made from tube steel. Here's an example...

http://www.shilp.org/files/shilp/Space-Fra...es-examples.jpg

In addition to the added strength, its SO much more visually appealing than conventional framing. So in short, if youre going to expose the structure, then make it look GREAT, and I think this is a step in the right direction.

You know one of the important aspects of propaganda (read: "Marketing") is reinforcement/frequency. To this point if you look at the press box side of the stadium. Notice the eagle built into it? In my opinion, moving forward, every new building on campus should have this SOW logo

Unfortunately that eagle/SOW is not built into it and only there on the side of the pressbox wall in the drawings only. They had a front elevation view of the pressbox side at the mixer and I asked RV about backlighting that logo. He said the logo will not be there but that hopefully the logo of a naming rights company will be there instead. That is the giant billboard that faces both I-35E and I-35W.