New Artist Rendering Of New Stadium

NT80

Looks nice overall. I'm still not fond of the winged-shaped endzone seats and scoreboard. I would have skipped building the upper level of endzone seats and added them instead to the student sideline seating since both would require ground support. The support structures showing under the endzone are an eyesore. The pressbox side looks nice as does the stands being closer to the trackless field.

Click on the picture to enlarge it....

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...6.78bfe660.html

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't like the brown turf!

Seriously, there are a few things that I don't particularly care for in the new design but it is so vastly superior to Fouts that I'll learn to look past them.

I expected better treatment of the endzone but maybe we can pass the hat for money to cover the structural steel. How about some green glass?

If you aren't a fan of the winged end zones, just think about how easy it will be to add seats around them. If you fill this place, the expansion to the stadium will most likely add on more seats all around the endzone and completely change the look.

I can bet they looked long term with this stadium and have already considered the expansion changes.

I've never said a bad word about the stadium plans(I'm usually annoyed by those who do) but that endzone looks absolutely stupid. It's usually been my MO to fall back on the "HKS know what they're doing" line, now I'm worried.

Edited by Green P1

I don't like the brown turf!

Seriously, there are a few things that I don't particularly care for in the new design but it is so vastly superior to Fouts that I'll learn to look past them.

I expected better treatment of the endzone but maybe we can pass the hat for money to cover the structural steel. How about some green glass?

Maybe HKS has been looking at so many of the photos posted on this board and decided, "hey, nobody ever sits in endzone seating anyway; let's put this "winged" idea out there and see if (1) it gets built, and (2) if anyone ever sits there.

To the folks who don't care for the winged endzone, you haven't even seen what they will look like from the inside-the-stadium point of view yet. Let's wait and see that view first until we decide their ugly. As for the exposed support beams underneith, that problem can be easily addressed at a later time.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

If you aren't a fan of the winged end zones, just think about how easy it will be to add seats around them. If you fill this place, the expansion to the stadium will most likely add on more seats all around the endzone and completely change the look.

I can bet they looked long term with this stadium and have already considered the expansion changes.

RV mentioned the stadium is being designed and stressed for future expansion up to 50,000. I'd like to see that version too. Just to nitpick but I also noticed that the Logo at midfield is upside down, should face the pressbox and TV cameras!

Regarding the exposed endzone structure, where else are we going to hang the big light-up advertisements?

There are a lot of ideas to consider. Looking at that exterior endzone again, they could put a large, angled/sculpted NORTH TEXAS in giant indivdual letters, with neon green lighting for night. Set them on top of the concession stand's roof and on either side of the scoreboard to cover the supports.

Anyone know how to photoshop it? B)

Good to finally see the pressbox side fully designed. And... it doesn't suck! Not a huge fan of the pillars holding up the large jutting room at the top but, I can live with it, I'm sure it was done to maximize space with the $$ allocated. It is definitely unique looking.

As for the endzone, it doesn't look great but the beams are green at least. :lol:

Good to finally see the pressbox side fully designed. And... it doesn't suck! Not a huge fan of the pillars holding up the large jutting room at the top but, I can live with it, I'm sure it was done to maximize space with the $$ allocated. It is definitely unique looking.

too contemporary looking. give me a traditional structure that is timeless.

0726drawingla.jpg

I like it. It fits with the design of the A/C.

It is unique.

The North Endzone supports can be covered with the large black and white photos of Mean Joe, etc... that are currently at Fouts. Update the photos with players from each era. Mean Joe, Beasely Reese, Mitch Maher or Scott Davis and Patrick Cobbs/Johnny Quinn/Booger, etc...