Pleasant Surprise

bigrobdsp

My wife showed up at home last night with a new UNT night light. She said that one of the stores on the square in downtown Rockwall had a few UNT items. They had plenty of UT, OU, TT etc.. but they had some NT stuff as well. I am not used to seeing UNT gear in the North Texas area...

I was at Hobby Lobby in Denton the other day. Near the front cash registers...they had:

1) Some neat coffee mugs.....featuring SOW.

2) Some stick on decals (not a bumpersticker)....that were white and oval shaped. They had the words "North Texas" and SOW on them (in green lettering). They look great. I have one on the back of my CRV.

Edited by SUMG

I was at Hobby Lobby in Denton the other day. Near the front cash registers...they had:

1) Some neat coffee mugs.....featuring SOW.

2) Some stick on decals (not a bumpersticker)....that were white and oval shaped. They had the words "North Texas" and SOW on them (in green lettering). They look great. I have one on the back of my CRV.

I found the company that made the auto emblem that I was talking about. They don't have us listed...but if you look at the Bama stuff.....what I bought was a NT version of the second item listed:

http://www.teampromark.com/ncaa/ncaa_main.html

My wife dragged me to Grapevine Mills mall last Saturday. In the JC Penney outlet was a complete rack of UT and Texas Tech shirts (at least 75 of each), a few TCU shirts and ONE lonely North Texas shirt. I couldn't decide if it was a good thing (because they were all sold out of North Texas) or a bad thing because they had only ordered 10 or so (just a guess). I guess it's good that the shirt didn't fit anyone in my family. Otherwise, I would have bought it and we would have been unrepresented on the Texas college t-shirt rack. :unsure:

My wife dragged me to Grapevine Mills mall last Saturday. In the JC Penney outlet was a complete rack of UT and Texas Tech shirts (at least 75 of each), a few TCU shirts and ONE lonely North Texas shirt. I couldn't decide if it was a good thing (because they were all sold out of North Texas) or a bad thing because they had only ordered 10 or so (just a guess). I guess it's good that the shirt didn't fit anyone in my family. Otherwise, I would have bought it and we would have been unrepresented on the Texas college t-shirt rack. :unsure:

Did you move the NT shirt to the front of the Tech rack? I always used to re-arrange hat store's supply of NT caps. NT caps always covered over the smut and tech cap rows after I left! :D

Edited by NT80