Unt Schedule...

BIG DAWG

That 2011 OC schedule is a bear. I would love to see us open the new stadium with a somewhat big name opponent (K-State variety. TCU, SMU, or Baylor would be perfect), but that leaves a very real probability of being 0-4 going into conference play. Not exactly what you want to draw new fans top the stadium.

That 2011 OC schedule is a bear. I would love to see us open the new stadium with a somewhat big name opponent (K-State variety. TCU, SMU, or Baylor would be perfect), but that leaves a very real probability of being 0-4 going into conference play. Not exactly what you want to draw new fans top the stadium.

Agreed. And not to mention that we have 3 OOC road games. WTF? If you are opening a stadium wouldn't you want as many home OOC games as possible?

I see many great opportunities with the OOC schedule!

Wow, there are some big boys in the future!

The road trips to Clemson, Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, K-State,

and Georgia, are what college football is all about- great

games! Great teams! I do like the games with Rice, Tulsa, Army,

Ball State, and Ohio too. I wish NT could schedule a few more

regional teams, like Baylor, Texas A&M, Houston for example.

Sure, I do not like the no return game part, but, I do believe

when the new NT stadium is completed, the return games will

develop. How great would that be to have a nationally known

team like Alabama, come to Denton to play NT! Heck, if Navy

can come to North Texas, so can other top programs

I see many great opportunities with the OOC schedule!

Wow, there are some big boys in the future!

The road trips to Clemson, Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, K-State,

and Georgia, are what college football is all about- great

games! Great teams! I do like the games with Rice, Tulsa, Army,

Ball State, and Ohio too. I wish NT could schedule a few more

regional teams, like Baylor, Texas A&M, Houston for example.

Sure, I do not like the no return game part, but, I do believe

when the new NT stadium is completed, the return games will

develop. How great would that be to have a nationally known

team like Alabama, come to Denton to play NT! Heck, if Navy

can come to North Texas, so can other top programs

Hate to ruin it for you but 'Bama will not be coming to Denton

I think it is great that the athletic department actually published the future non-conference schedules for the next few years. It had been the most closely guarded secret since the Manhattan Project during World War II. I hope the 2011 schedule can be modified to only play one of the "money" games but it may be too close to the date of the games to make a change. At some point fairly soon University of South Alabama comes into the Sun Belt Conference as a football playing member. That will limit us to three non-conference games each year. That might be why we only see three games or less listed starting with 2012.

I think it is great that the athletic department actually published the future non-conference schedules for the next few years.

I'm ecstatic that this happened. I've seen it on other school's sites for years and have asked many times why we couldn't have the same information!

I'm ecstatic that this happened. I've seen it on other school's sites for years and have asked many times why we couldn't have the same information!

Really starting to dig your countdown clock.

It was just depressing when it was at 90 something.

Great. Thanks for posting the future opponents. Love to see the BCS teams on the schedule; if only we could motivate players and fans to that level again (as in we have in the past).

As for 2011, hopefully it is still a work in progress and we can get a quality home opponent and delay a road game till another time. Can't believe K-State or Rice wouldn't rather move their 2010 Fouts game to 2011 so their fans, and ours, can enjoy a new facility instead. The other issue that comes into play is when South Alabama joins for football which will cause an imbalanced 9 conference games. Every other year we will have 5 SBC home games and then only 1 or possibly 2 OOC home games. Better make them good ones to draw fans, unless we were to also upgrade our conference schedule somehow...hint, hint. :D

Edited by NT80

Every other year we will have 5 SBC home games and then only 1 or possibly 2 OOC home games. Better make them good ones to draw fans, unless we were to also upgrade our conference schedule somehow...hint, hint. :D

Not exactly. WW commented during Media Days that conference AD's want to remain at 4 home 4 away leaving 4 OC games.

From a post on the Belt board.

1.Waters said the league has discussed requently with ADs what the league should do with conference scheduling when South Alabama joins the football conference in 2012. With WKU entering the league, each team can play 4 home league games and 4 road league games, which is excellent.

He said there are leagues that have experimented with 9 league games and the Sun Belt has talked with those leagues. He expects eventually it will be an economics based decision. Right now, he said the ADs seem to prefer a continued 8 game conference schedule with a rotation of the missed game each year with the exception of one common opponent every year (he gave the example of MT and WKU as one permanent opponent possibility).

Waters said if attendance for league games improves in the next couple years that they might consider playing 9 conference games, but right now the ADs need the flexibility of having 4 non-conference games to make sure bills get paid.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Guest GrayEagleOne

I say that we go ahead and schedule Ole Miss, Kentucky, and South Carolina and we will have, on future schedules, every major university in each of the SEC states.

Maybe we become a future candidate for the SEC. We will have played everyone but South Carolina in our history (not sure about Auburn).

Edited by GrayEagleOne

I say that we go ahead and schedule Ole Miss, Kentucky, and South Carolina and we will have, on future schedules, every major university in each of the SEC states.

Maybe we become a future candidate for the SEC. We will have played everyone but South Carolina in our history (not sure about Auburn).

I think we tried to schedule them this season, but the request got crossed up and we ended up with Bama.

We have played Auburn in the past.