North Texas Shut Out On All-sbc Team, Picked Eighth

Brett Vito

Can't be expected to be picked much higher in pre-season polls due to recent history. BUT, the good news is that by mid-season folks will be wondering why UNT did not get better treatment in the pre-season polls and why folks had no clue some of the Unt players were so good...(Tobe, of course, but others as well). It's closer and closer to the time when teams have to "strap 'em on" and prove what they can do on the field instead of in the media. Only thing these polls mean is that the season is getting closer and closer. Should be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

Can't be expected to be picked much higher in pre-season polls due to recent history. BUT, the good news is that by mid-season folks will be wondering why UNT did not get better treatment in the pre-season polls

maybe by halftime of the first game you'll understand better

maybe by halftime of the first game you'll understand better

WOW....such a defeated attitude already. It's OK, Firefighter Rick will be there to give you first aid treatment after you collapse because you can't take the positive results of what you are seeing! :lol:

To tell ya the truth, I really have very little clue as to how this team is going to perform this year. We could go winless or we could compete for the title. I do know one thing though. If our defense and special teams are not appreciably improved by mid-season, I am going to finally accept as fact that our little experiment here has failed miserably.

To be expected. Wonder if it would have been different if Gio was back?

Doubt it. We had 2 studs at WR last year( @ one point 3) and it didn't help much.

We can throw for all the yards we want between the 20s, but until we get W's instead of yards NT will...... :

200px-Dangerfield.jpg

To be expected. Wonder if it would have been different if Gio was back?

Yes, but only a little. Riley is a huge question mark for us. He is the most highly touted player to come to UNT. That being said he is only a RS Freshman and has a bunch of unproven commodities at WR. It would be a huge benefit to Riley if Tyler Stratford is ruled eligible. HUGE!!!

Yes, but only a little. Riley is a huge question mark for us. He is the most highly touted player to come to UNT. That being said he is only a RS Freshman and has a bunch of unproven commodities at WR. It would be a huge benefit to Riley if Tyler Stratford is ruled eligible. HUGE!!!

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at how much further along Riley is than Gio was his freshman season. Riley has the benefit of redshirting and having run this offense for several years prior to coming to UNT.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at how much further along Riley is than Gio was his freshman season. Riley has the benefit of redshirting and having run this offense for several years prior to coming to UNT.

I agree Riley will be very poised as a redshirt freshman QB for the reasons you mention. The adjustments for him must be adapting to the defensive speed to the outside corner and the more intense pass rush he will have to endure. Defensive coaches will key on stopping him and you basically stop our offense.

I agree Riley will be very poised as a redshirt freshman QB for the reasons you mention. The adjustments for him must be adapting to the defensive speed to the outside corner and the more intense pass rush he will have to endure. Defensive coaches will key on stopping him and you basically stop our offense.

I believe Cam Montgomery will have something to say about that.

No doubt bro but history says it won't happen. Now if we were Texas...

Well, I'm hoping NT will be smart and ride Cam early & often. Solid running game will do wonders for the young QB. If NT gets behind big early (and we all know that's a good possibility), Riley will be in for a trying season. It's going to be interesting to see how he reacts to a tough season, while being under the microscope. Hopefully, he handles it better than the rest of his SLC buddies...

He'll be a helluva QB & good leader if he can stay the course the next 4yrs.

Edited by Got5onIt