Your 2nd Place Rangers

A guy who wants to give his second ticket to a fellow internet humorist living in New Haven?

I'm taking a guy from our ops engineering department who asked that I not wear any Rangers merchandise because he thinks New Yorkers will charge us and beat us.

My compromise is to wear my Davis t-shirt under generic business clothes and rip them off if he goes yard.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Kevin Mench's massive head?

I thought about this post when I saw Pudge interviewed in the locker room after a game this weekend. Maybe it was just the receding hairline, but his head looked massive. Anyone else? Was it an optical illusion caused by the soon to be Larry David hair do that Pudge was sporting?

Edited by UNT90

I thought about this post when I saw Pudge interviewed in the locker room after a game this weekend. Maybe it was just the receding hairline, but his head looked massive. Anyone else? Was it an optical illusion caused by the soon to be Larry David hair do that Pudge was sporting?

His enlarges head combined with his suspiciously shrinking body does make for a startling combination.

I need to look up Andrus's batting stats for the last month. I bet he is hitting about .330 with an OBA of around .400. And he turs 21 tomorrow. Just think about the years to come with this kid!!!!

Really excited for this year, but even moreso for next.

Francisco tried to throw it away. Nice unassisted double play by Elvis to put away the Evil Empire.

Washington tried to throw it away by putting in Grilli's bag of nothing against the heart of the Yankee order to work out his post-DL kinks. If O'Day was worth bringing in for one batter last inning, isn't it worth letting him stay in or turning to someone else to hold this game? I know innings need to be spread out, but it's a chance to take momentum from NYY.

Also, Angels lose again to the Tigers. With Edwin Jackson going tomorrow, the Canines have a good shot at a sweep. If we can get within 2-3 before the next round against them, I like our chances at the division.

Much more to come on this game when I get home tomorrow night -- that was the most intense and emotionally unstable baseball game I have ever witnessed. I have 49 photos, a free associated Twitter account and a notepad to try to piece it back together on the plane ride home tomorrow night.

*glares at UNT90*

Dude, I said I was really excited for this year, also. :D

Looking at the schedules, I am beginning to think that the better chance for the little Rangers is to catch and pass the Angels for the division than it is to win the wildcard. Boston's schedule is unbelievably soft down the stretch.

Washington tried to throw it away by putting in Grilli's bag of nothing against the heart of the Yankee order to work out his post-DL kinks. If O'Day was worth bringing in for one batter last inning, isn't it worth letting him stay in or turning to someone else to hold this game? I know innings need to be spread out, but it's a chance to take momentum from NYY.

Also, Angels lose again to the Tigers. With Edwin Jackson going tomorrow, the Canines have a good shot at a sweep. If we can get within 2-3 before the next round against them, I like our chances at the division.

Much more to come on this game when I get home tomorrow night -- that was the most intense and emotionally unstable baseball game I have ever witnessed. I have 49 photos, a free associated Twitter account and a notepad to try to piece it back together on the plane ride home tomorrow night.

Felines?

Here comes the national press: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/da...h-rangers_N.htm

The schedule gets easier, but we've not exactly set the world on fire against the teams we're going against. Any predictions for the next 2 weeks?

I predict the Rangers are within a game of the Angels by the time they start the first of 2 series in the last week and a half of the season.

I have no prediction for what will happen after that.