Ea Sports Ncaa 2010?

BIG DAWG

I was wanting to know if someone who purchased the game can give us some insight as to player rankings for our Mean Green???

Do they have Riley at WR or QB?

Rankings for Cam, Riley, Dunbar, JUCOS, etc.???

Can't get it yet, but I am very intersted in where they are ranking our players!!!!

(This is for the PS3 version)

Riley is at QB.

Our O-line blocks for about 2 seconds.

I made a custom conference and CUSA is all Texas, OK, and LA schools.

Cam is pretty decent.

They rank coaching at 1* Take that for what you will.

Our jumbotron has a crap load of advertising on it.

The stadium looks like it holds 30k...not like earlier versions where it looked like we were playing in Neyland Stadium.

The press box has the circle star on it...does someone at EA have a sense of humor, a keen eye for what will piss us off, or both?

Oh yeah, and our defense is horrid. Big surprise there.

Edited by emmitt01

Guess you better start rolling up a new dynasty then, Emmitt. On a sidenote, isn't this an earlier-than-normal release? Don't they normally release Madden in July/June, and then NCAA in August? I'm betting the earlier release may have something to do with the shoddy rosters (that we'll all end up doing over or downloading anyways).

If it's so bad, why do you buy it? Just wondering....I have never played so don't know, but I hear these types of complaints, seems like every year, yet the games keeps selling big time. So, what's up with that? Is it simply the "best of the bad" or is it just UNT's stuff or what?

If it's so bad, why do you buy it? Just wondering....I have never played so don't know, but I hear these types of complaints, seems like every year, yet the games keeps selling big time. So, what's up with that? Is it simply the "best of the bad" or is it just UNT's stuff or what?

Folks buy it because there is no other option. EA Sports bought the NCAA license, so no other game developers can compete. With no one to challenge them, they can continue to put out a mediocre game year after year and, if you want to play a college football game, you only have EA's product.

OUCH...too bad. Maybe folks just need to "say no" for one season and they would get the idea that they needed to put out a decent product or folks simply would not buy it. I know that would be tough on folks who like to play the game, but if they could just use "last years" version one more year and let EA know they cannot get away with selling garbage. As long as folks buy the garbage, they will keep selling garbage.

And, please no Mean Green "negative ninny's" nor Dodge haters need reply! :lol::lol:

Edited by KRAM1

Folks buy it because there is no other option. EA Sports bought the NCAA license, so no other game developers can compete. With no one to challenge them, they can continue to put out a mediocre game year after year and, if you want to play a college football game, you only have EA's product.

EA pretty much runs a trust on NFL and NCAA games at this point through exclusivity agreements with both organizations. It's pretty annoying since there are 2 or 3 other studios that could do a far better job but can't do so because of those agreements. So the whole time, EA (really Tiburon as they're the actual dev studio) never gets a real need to improve the games drastically from one year to the next because unlike what's supposed to happen in a balanced free enterprise, no one is there to compete and therefore, force innovation.

EA pretty much runs a trust on NFL and NCAA games at this point through exclusivity agreements with both organizations. It's pretty annoying since there are 2 or 3 other studios that could do a far better job but can't do so because of those agreements. So the whole time, EA (really Tiburon as they're the actual dev studio) never gets a real need to improve the games drastically from one year to the next because unlike what's supposed to happen in a balanced free enterprise, no one is there to compete and therefore, force innovation.

I agree with the whole 'free enterprise' argument. Reminds me of this guy's argument. However, I think it is a mistake to call the game mediocre. It is pretty good. Given the fact that the dev team has only a year to improve it, there aren't going to be drastic changes.

Take COD: Modern Warfare and World at War. They had Treyarch and Infinity Ward do them so they could release them so quickly. Two separate studios. And they both use the same game engine. Kind of like how NCAA 10 uses the 09 engine but is slightly improved.

/nerdy

I agree with the whole 'free enterprise' argument. Reminds me of this guy's argument. However, I think it is a mistake to call the game mediocre. It is pretty good. Given the fact that the dev team has only a year to improve it, there aren't going to be drastic changes.

Take COD: Modern Warfare and World at War. They had Treyarch and Infinity Ward do them so they could release them so quickly. Two separate studios. And they both use the same game engine. Kind of like how NCAA 10 uses the 09 engine but is slightly improved.

/nerdy

It's still a well crafted game, and this year has some good improvements, like the new custom team builder and some other junk in it. I guess the problem I've always had is that there should be more between one year and the next. 07/08 were examples of minimal improvements from a year to the next, so I skipped on 2008. 2009 actually made good use of the hardware updates but not having a team builder was a bit of a letdown. I'll get 2009, but I'll probably grab it in a week or so.

As for COD...don't get me started.

If you're more into low-fi, Action PC Football's game is great. It's text-based, and uses prior year stats from STATS, Inc., so it's very accurate with regards to replay. If you're familiar with Strat-o-matic, it's very similar, but I think APCFB is better.

I have NCAA up to 07, but enjoy APCFB more than any other football game, but be warned--it's not a graphics-based game at all. Strictly text based, with very little (most would say very PRIMITIVE) on screen 'action'. To me, it's a lot more flexible and realistic than NCAA as far as outcomes, plus there's the whole dexterity thing required with NCAA, which is overrated in my book. I'd rather call the plays and see what happens. ;)

Could someone please post the player ratings for Riley and Cam...maybe a couple other key players, and tell me if the JUCO D-Linemen like Atkinson are in there...and maybe his player rating???? PLEASE!!!

I can tell you off the bat Riley is an 85ovr & Cam is an 81. They have Moseley(82ovr) rated higher than him & Dunbar???????? Off teh top of my head, I think Atkinson is a 73ovr.