Arkansas State Dismisses Cb Paul Stephens From Team

gangrene

This is obviously not the whole story, and probably not that close to the real story.

This is obviously not the whole story, and probably not that close to the real story.

Here's a bit more: Former Blinn player shot during alleged burglary attempt

It appears that the jonesborosun.com newspaper site has more traffic than they can handle at the moment. I guess more than 10 people can't view their site at the same time without severely overloading their server??

Maybe ArkStFan will chime in and give us all the details?

Edited by gangrene

Here's a bit more: Former Blinn player shot during alleged burglary attempt

It appears that the jonesborosun.com newspaper site has more traffic than they can handle at the moment. I guess more than 10 people can't view their site at the same time without severely overloading their server??

Maybe ArkStFan will chime in and give us all the details?

Ahh, I had misunderstood the statement from the first article:

Stephens was hospitalized over the weekend with a gunshot wound to his midsection. A man told police that he shot an intruder trying to break into an apartment.

I understood "A man" to be a friend of Stephens, and understood "he" to be Stephens.

The Arky State team has had all sorts of issues this offseason.

Ahh, I had misunderstood the statement from the first article:

I understood "A man" to be a friend of Stephens, and understood "he" to be Stephens.

The Arky State team has had all sorts of issues this offseason.

Well, according to the story on kait8.com, they very well may have known the person they "went over to get things" from...I don't know...sounds like an OJ incident to me. At any rate, sources say that Stephens was projected to be a starter this year. Sucks for ASU, but better them than us. We've had more than our fair share of trouble the last few years.

The "story" is that Stephens went to buy certain merchandise from an acquaintance and when he didn't come to the door went to the back door and entered but it was the wrong apartment and got himself shot.

As I always say when this stuff comes up, coaches can't babysit 'em 24/7 and some are always going to get in trouble. The difference in coaches is how they react to it. At a major institution a few hours away the prior coach would ask the team what to do and invariably they handed out some secret punishment and got to stay on the team. A few years ago a player there and a player at stAte got arrested within days of each other for forging checks. On player missed a game the one at stAte got sent home.

The "story" is that Stephens went to buy certain merchandise from an acquaintance and when he didn't come to the door went to the back door and entered but it was the wrong apartment and got himself shot.

As I always say when this stuff comes up, coaches can't babysit 'em 24/7 and some are always going to get in trouble. The difference in coaches is how they react to it. At a major institution a few hours away the prior coach would ask the team what to do and invariably they handed out some secret punishment and got to stay on the team. A few years ago a player there and a player at stAte got arrested within days of each other for forging checks. On player missed a game the one at stAte got sent home.

Yup gotta love that tight ship that Petrino and Pelphrey run in F'Ville.

Yup gotta love that tight ship that Petrino and Pelphrey run in F'Ville.

Petrino has been far more strict than Nutt. His brother Dickie was no better, I know a couple people who quit ASU basketball when a player arrested for pot possession was suspended for exhibition games. :huh: