Have You Joined Yet?

UNTflyer

https://untalumni.affinitycircles.com

I remember someone posted the other day they weren't aware of the mixer or other UNT alumni events.

JOIN inCircle today! Snail mail letters and email distribution lists are going the way of newspapers and Madonna's girlish figure. inCircle will keep you up to date on everything Mean Green.

Edited by UNTflyer

https://untalumni.affinitycircles.com

I remember someone posted the other day they weren't aware of the mixer or other UNT alumni events.

JOIN inCircle today! Snail mail letters and email distribution lists are going the way of newspapers and Madonna's girlish figure. inCircle will keep you up to date on everything Mean Green.

I'd estimate you're deleting at least 98% of alums if you rely solely on someone to register for something.

Communication methods for 20-somethings may be changing but there is a good reason only 45 people showed up on Thursday (including athletic department staff).

Think "old school" when it comes to event notices. :huh::blink::o:rolleyes::whip:

Edited by NT80

Hey, here's an idea. I am going to have an event and I want to get as many people there as possible. I advertise it in the NT Daily, I have the athletic department put it on their web site, I email all people who I have email addresses for and I put the information on facebook, and all the 'new' communication outlets. This, in my humble opinion, will get the message out.

Hey, here's an idea. I am going to have an event and I want to get as many people there as possible. I advertise it in the NT Daily, I have the athletic department put it on their web site, I email all people who I have email addresses for and I put the information on facebook, and all the 'new' communication outlets. This, in my humble opinion, will get the message out.

Let me get this straight, what you're proposing is to hit as many NT information outlets as possible, regardless of age group. New communication for the younger age group, mail, email, etc. for the other "older" alums.

That's a novel idea. Maybe the athletic department will take notice. <_<

drex...super ideas and I agree 100%. Just remember, this was a Denton Chapter sponsored event. The Denton Chapter opened it to all who wanted to attend, but, as has always been the case, Denton Chapter events are "advertised" mainly in the Denton area.

Flyer is correct that snail mail, etc. is going the way of newspapers...and, as you well recall, when we did mail out postcard invitations, the results were about the same, attendance-wise, as they were at this event. And, you draw the same number without the expense of printing and mailing postcards and the cost of an ad in the Daily which reaches the same students, faculty and staff who don't even care to attend the games when they get in on their ID's or at reduced prices.

It would have been nice to get some help from the athletic dept about the event in the advertising realm on the athletic dept. web-site. I probably should have asked Jon with the Mean Green Club for some help there, and we, as a chapter, could probably have done a better job of "asking" the athletic dept. for help, and we'll discuss how the "national" association can/will help us in the future.

BUT, I have heard all the same complaints for the last couple of years and in that time we have used mail, email, Facebook, athletic Dept. postings, and GMG.com postings all with lackluster attendance results. You may recall that we set up a spring picnic for members/alumni and friends last April (I believe it was April), had free soft drinks and beer, etc. and we had what...15 attendees (and this was the date we drew the winning names for our scholarship raffle). Yet, we press forward. Your ideas, drex, are spot on about multiple communication channels...we miss your input on the board after your move to the "hinterlands". If only the folks who RSVP'd for the event actually showed up, we would have done much better. What's up with that, anyway? I would say that Facebook is certainly not a reliable source for RSVP's...good for getting the word out...not so much for follow-through. Or, maybe that says something about the "younger crowd" and how they view such things these days...hope not...good manners never go out of style...or so my Mom told me.

We'll have another Mixer in the near future, and hopefully, we'll find ways to better get the word out. Thanks again, drex, for the ideas.

GO MEAN GREEN!