Thank You To Our Alumni Association For The Event Tonight.

It seems like Acme Brick could give us a price break, since they have that brick plant in Denton, and it could be great advertising for them at the I35E-I35W split.

A finished exterior would look much better than just seeing support structures from the highway. Maybe it could be added on later after we join the Big 12 and get our first royalty check?

stadium2_500x375.jpg

If you use the yard markings on the field for scale, the stands are about 45 feet from the sidelines at it's deepest point, (50 yard line) and about 30 feet from the sidelines at the corner of the endzones.

Now compare that 15 yards above with the current 33 1/2 yards we have right now and you can truly appreciate how much better the game day experience is going to be.

foutsseatdistance.jpg

Rick

It seems like Acme Brick could give us a price break, since they have that brick plant in Denton, and it could be great advertising for them at the I35E-I35W split.

Break will no doubt be expensive, but it's the cost of labor that runs the price up. Lots of square feet to brick.

Who cares how cheap it cost to build the stadium or namesakes if we don't act now, and try to build support to keep people in stands. I think it is great we are concerned about the layout of the stadium, but how about we layout an blueprint for bringing more fans to the game.

Who cares how cheap it cost to build the stadium or namesakes if we don't act now, and try to build support to keep people in stands. I think it is great we are concerned about the layout of the stadium, but how about we layout an blueprint for bringing more fans to the game.

Will be determined by either a winning team and/or an opponent fans want to see.

I asked RV about an exterior facade around the endzone and he said they are very expensive. I believe he said to put cultured stone or brick on the pressbox building side would have been about $4 million added to the cost, thus they are looking at different type surface.

Are you kidding me? Brick is too expensive? I'm starting to get really worried as to what kind of "stadium" this is going to be.

So let's get some suggestions for our brick replacement. Remember, it has to be cheap, and bonus points for hideousness and or inability to support the superstructure:

1.) floam. I mean, it would be cheap, and I would imagine we could find an unacceptable color of green

2.) recycled tires. In case of a fire, our stadium could be seen for miles! Think of the free marketing opportunity!

3.) cinder blocks. Now this one has promise - we could just raid all the dorm rooms after students leave campus - an untapped free resource.

4.) ???

Yep, exterior facades, while nice to look at, are also an indicator of a team's success:

texas-stadium-after-the.jpg

Please, no glass, must be brick:

dallascowboysstadium.jpg

Neyland Stadium:

neylandstadium450.jpg

The "Big House":

michigan.jpg

Put the money in areas to make the fan's and player's experience the best it can be, turf material, scoreboard/video screen, concessions, suites, seats, locker rooms, etc... and add a facade later if ever.

Let's just wait to see what they come up with. I'm just skeptical that they come up with something that is acceptable given how much they are apparently skimping. Oh by the way I'm already lowering the bar with my expectations. Why do I have a feeling they will have no problem doing the limbo underneath it.

Are you kidding me? Brick is too expensive? I'm starting to get really worried as to what kind of "stadium" this is going to be.

So let's get some suggestions for our brick replacement. Remember, it has to be cheap, and bonus points for hideousness and or inability to support the superstructure:

1.) floam. I mean, it would be cheap, and I would imagine we could find an unacceptable color of green

2.) recycled tires. In case of a fire, our stadium could be seen for miles! Think of the free marketing opportunity!

3.) cinder blocks. Now this one has promise - we could just raid all the dorm rooms after students leave campus - an untapped free resource.

4.) ???

What about faux wood paneling, like my uncle's basement? Or maybe we could build a dome and give it a popcorn ceiling?

Will be determined by either a winning team and/or an opponent fans want to see.

Not true. We need a disco destruction night. We fill Fouts with the added benefit of the fans destroying the old goat during the promotion. Let's just have the promotion after the game to avoid a forfiet. Or have it before the Troy game to avoid the inevitable.