Over/under In 09

NT03

Under.

I'm Cam's biggest fan but I expect the full stable of running backs to be utilized heavily. Were he the primary/sole option it'd be a resounding over.

Thats a reasonable prediction, but I think Cam is our best offensive player by a mile it would be a crime if he stood on the sidelines for any other reason than extreme fatigue or injury. With Cam getting all the carries he can handle running behind a very good offensive line he should meet and surpass 1200 yards.

Under. Even though I believe the running game will be utilized more heavily in '09, I think a lot of our rushing yards will come via Riley.

If Riley has sucess running it will only further increase Cam's production. Last year Michael Desormeaux, QB from ULL, ran for 1000 yards while Tyrell Fenroy, ULL's HB, ran for 1300.

Over 1200yds- yes!

Cam is a power runing back, that does have moves and speed.

For Cam to reach this milestone, many other parts of the offense

must work too. I see Cam's chances to break 1200yds as very good

because of several reasons:

1. The OL- can this group gel? With 2-3 yrs together, yes they can gel.

I do believe the OL is a much improved group, especially with the

depth available. I can see the starting group becoming stronger.

Coach Leftwich just may have his best OL group this season.

There were times LY, the OL was opening up some good lanes,

which allowed Cam to break 900yds. There were several 20-30yd

runs by Cam, against some good defenses. Cam is a good RB!

2. The passing game - can open the run game. First, I think the OL will be

better at stoping the blitz packages that will come. Second, Riley will

make his reads quickly and not hold on to the ball. Third- this may

be the ace in the hole, Riley's ability to get out of trouble, plus his

zone read skills. After the opponets DC's see Riley's skills first hand,

and see Riley break off a couple of big zone reads, their focus will be to

stop Riley, all season long. This will change NT's offensive game schemes, to

take advantage of knowing what the opponents defense will be doing to stop Riley.

3. With the attention to Riley and the passing game, Cam will have even more rush

opportunities, plus Cam will draw off attention to Riley. I think more passes to

Cam in the flat will happen this year too. Now the DC's must defend Cam's running

abilities, plus his being open for the pass in the flat.

With the improved OL, the passing game clicking with short and medium completions

that move the chains, add in the deep passes when the opportunity is there, plus the

zone read abilities Riley will have, this will open the door for Cam to make 1200yds

rushing. Add in Cam's receiving passing stats, Cam may be at 1600yds or more of

total offense by one player.

The offensive game planners on the staff aren't smart enough to get Cam 1200.

Watching 3000 passes to the flat last year leads me to believe our staff is game planning on the ultimate surprise this season.

3000 touches by CAM or the best darn pass to the flat the Sun Belt will ever see.

Edited by greenminer

I think Charlie nt73 makes some excellent points, and I agree that Cam has a very good shot at going over 1200 yards with Riley going over 2500. I think we will all see a much improved offense owing to an improved OL and improvements at QB (no offense to to "prior" QB). Defenses will have to focus on the passing attack, which should open up carries and yards for Cam. On the other hand, Cam will not be the only back to get touches this year, and if his touches are limited due to "sharing the carries" it might be hard to get the yards. But, 100 avg. per game is definitely NOT out of the question for Cam. Charlie nt73...thanks for the sound write-up!

GO MEAN GREEN...BUY SEASON TICKETS! JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB...JOIN THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION...SUPPORT THE NEW STADIUM...heck, it's football time...DO IT ALL!!!! :lol:

If Riley has sucess running it will only further increase Cam's production. Last year Michael Desormeaux, QB from ULL, ran for 1000 yards while Tyrell Fenroy, ULL's HB, ran for 1300.

I took under because our offense, unlike ULL's, is more pass heavy. ULL put up those numbers with a virtual "run first" offense.