Over / Under In 09

NT03

2,500/12 games = 208 yds per game

Just to compare : Vizza had 2,388 yds his 1st season ( 10 games) & 2758 yds his soph year

208ypg isn't all that much , but Riley will make up some would be passing yds with his feet by gaining them on the ground and you have to wonder if he can stay healthy for all 12 games in 09.

Edited by NT03

208ypg isn't all that much

Agreed. If he goes <200 yds in more than one game, he ought to have a few 300+ yd games to more than make up for it. As you said, the only thing I could see stopping him from getting 2500 yds next season is injury. But if he is not able to play all 12 games:

11 games: 228 yds/game

10 games: 250 yds/game

9 games: 278 yds/game

8 games: 313 yds/game

So if he's good for 10 games or more, I think he definitely makes 2500.

OVER...I think the O line will be improved this season and I think Riley will be able to "avoid" some of the hits Vizza took...that and a tight end formation or two and it's 2500+ for sure!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Counting the days down to kickoff...come on football....UNT football that is...

The Ball State and Alabama game will prevent us from having a 2600+ season. We may be right at 2500, but I have to go under on this one. Not to mention this season we may have a better ground attack that could take yards away from Dodge. But on the other hand if we throw the ball down field instead of to the sideline we may have a 3000+ season.

The Ball State and Alabama game will prevent us from having a 2600+ season. We may be right at 2500, but I have to go under on this one. Not to mention this season we may have a better ground attack that could take yards away from Dodge. But on the other hand if we throw the ball down field instead of to the sideline we may have a 3000+ season.

Our strength of schedule ought to be weaker this year than it was the past two years. Again, any 2-3 low yardage games will be more than made up elsewhere.

Vizza threw for 2758 in 2008, and 2388 in 2007 with only 8 starts. I'm not saying Riley will match that, but he ought to be close.