Sad...don't these guys know what zippers are for????? I listened to his "apology" on FOX News...the guy just didn't know when to shut up...maybe that says something about how he got himself into this mess in the first place.

And, this guy was...heavy on the WAS...being touted as a possible candidate for the presidency in 2012. That's long gone...and so it should be!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!

I read the article but did not understand the problem, but I am tired today. Did he embezzle state funds? He got a way by himself if I read this thing correctly.

Sanford admitted later Wednesday that his secret trip to Argentina over Father's Day weekend was to visit a woman he is having an affair with.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? :o

Just repeating some of the things I've read on some of the outlier reaches of the nut-world blogosphere. Not giving any credence to it personally. Though, if true, there'll be enough fodder for word-play, inappropriate puns, and potentially bannable allusions to last the board for a week.

I wish his original story were true, that he was hiking nude on the Appalaichan(sp) trail. At least that has some element of danger. Seriously, left or right, if these guys can govern what do we care about their private lives? I guess the difference would be serving your wife divorce papers on her death bed, then it's an issue.

I read the article but did not understand the problem, but I am tired today. Did he embezzle state funds? He got a way by himself if I read this thing correctly.

He should have just told his wife....

The truth is I never left you

All through my wild days

My mad existence

I kept my promise

Don't keep your distance

Seriously, left or right, if these guys can govern what do we care about their private lives? I guess the difference would be serving your wife divorce papers on her death bed, then it's an issue.

Character. If a politician's own wife and family can't trust him, why would a state or nation?

Character. If a politician's own wife and family can't trust him, why would a state or nation?

Not to say this guy is a douche bag or not, I have no idea what his relationship is with his wife. But for all the quotes I read in this story why was there not one admitting to the affair. Not saying hes didn't do it, I just do not care if he got some in South America as long as the trip was not paid for with ill gotten tax money.

Now they compare this to Clinton, and I never understood it. Bill was accused by several women, at least 12 women, in Arkansas for pulling it out and telling them if they took care of his little buddy he would take care of them. (Which is an actual crime) Then he gets caught red handed with the presidential penis in an employee's mouth. He lies to congress flat out, dead to rights and nothing. Wow! And just after Clinton got done firing a bunch of high ranked officers in the military for improper affairs.

This guy has an affair far from his wife, not what appears to be an employee, and he is getting hammered.

Once again I really don't understand. But I really don't care if he burns for it or not.

Was there supposed to be anything remotely enlightening in this?

Just showing what Hypocrites republicans can be. Not all republicans, just some.

Just showing what Hypocrites republicans can be. Not all republicans, just some.

All I read was a gloating liberal. Seriously, on what basis is Sanford "weirder than Rod Blagojevich"?

No, Republicans will not tolerate this kind of behavior from its candidates--elected officials should be held to high standards. I strongly disapprove of what Sanford did, but he at least appears to have legitimate contrition about what he has done. Clinton was a repeat offender, was accused of rape, brought his adultery into the Oval Office, and blamed everybody but himself for what he had done.