Boise - $$$ Crunch = Need For "revenue" Games

MeanGreen61

This article touches on a great topic. What is going to happen to the smaller schools such as BSU who are looking for a payday, yet bigger schools will not play them in fear of an earlier season loss? A) Is this maybe why UNT got so much money from GA, because GA wants to ensure a season warmup? B) Will we start seeing state or border state earlier season battles? Example, will we see less UNT at GA and More UNT at SMU?

This article touches on a great topic. What is going to happen to the smaller schools such as BSU who are looking for a payday, yet bigger schools will not play them in fear of an earlier season loss? A) Is this maybe why UNT got so much money from GA, because GA wants to ensure a season warmup? B) Will we start seeing state or border state earlier season battles? Example, will we see less UNT at GA and More UNT at SMU?

North Texas has already dealt with this situation. Remember the Tennessee game? We got a lot of publicity for that win (well, actually Hayden Fry got most of it), but there were consequences. The Tennessee coach was fired within a day or so, and Hayden was mailed a check (in a very minimal amount by today's standards) for the cancellation of the remainder of our contract with UT. Tennessee hasn't scheduled us since.

I wonder if Michigan is going to play App State again?

Yes, I'm sure Tennessee is just quaking in their boots at the thought of scheduling us based on a game that occurred 30 years ago.

I could be wrong, but I tend to think that in these situations it's not necessarily a fear of losing again that prevents them from scheduling. Rather, they simply don't want to remind their fans about an embarrassing loss in their history.