Okc Paper Blog On Stadford

Sour grapes? Let's hope so. Although, with OU losing their top WRs over the past two seasons, you'd think he'd have stuck around. Maybe Dodge, Ford and George will make him run slants so he won't have to worry so much about running a bunch of different routes.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/06/12/where...adford-edition/

I'm up late working on my "expert" magazine...available online sometime before my family hits three Florida beaches in August. So far, I think Air Force, under a coach who has taken the Falcons to two bowl games in his first two seasons after three consecutive losing seasons (2004-2006), will be pretty decent...but, I'm no expert. Probably just lucky. I mean, out there in the MWC with Utah and TCU it isn't like the guy has faced the buzzsaw of competition the likes of which the Sun Belt throws down.

Anyway, in researching, I read through Athlon's imitation "expert" rag. They had the nerve to be positive about FUI and their third year coach and not about us. I didn't know Vito produced Athlon's work for it. It says our fanbase is losing patience, then it specifically compliments FUI's offensive coordinator and his spread offense. The nerve of Athlon.

I'd say the fact that he was a redshirt freshman is what kept him buried on the depth chart.

When did being young become an acceptable excuse? Dodge's recruiting classes are failures to some on this board, and he only just signed his third one.

When did being young become an acceptable excuse? Dodge's recruiting classes are failures to some on this board, and he only just signed his third one.

It's an excuse if the four people above you were Malcolm Kelly, Juaquin Iglesias, Manny Johnson, and Quentin Cheney - all of whom will be in NFL camps next month. That, and OU also flips the ball to their tight ends, running backs, and fullbacks.

Here, things were different. In 2007, there was no glut of receivers to block a young receiver. Alas, none emerged and holdovers ranging from walk-ons to converted tight ends from Darrell Dickey's days took the lead role. Had Stradford begun here, it's likely he'd have started right away.