North Korea Planning To Lauch Missile Toward Hawaii

Obama will be very stern with them if they fire on Hawaii, he won't send Clinton back for a year.

We need a Reagan President type right now. We should blow N. Korea into the sea of Japan.

A perfect way to reduce our Nuclear Stockpile.

Edited by KingDL1

Obama will be very stern with them if they fire on Hawaii, he won't send Clinton back for a year.

We need a Reagan President type right now. We should blow N. Korea into the sea of Japan.

A perfect way to reduce our Nuclear Stockpile.

Only if you want the soviets raining nukes on all the major cities in the USA.

I agree that no one, outside of N. Korea, wants North Korea to have the ability to launch Nukes.

But if you don't believe there would be retaliation for destroying millions of lifes, you are unbeliavably stupid.

And since you had the intelligence to attend NT, I do not believe you are stupid.

This situation calls for a serious poker face. I, as most of the United States, hope the N. Korean leadership has more sense that to attempt to bluff with a losing hand, and they will have the losing hand if they launch a missle aimed at any US soil!!

I'll admit, I don't know a lot about this particular subject. If anyone has a couple of minutes to give me the readers digest on why these North Koreans are acting so boldly and why the world community seems to put up with it I would really appreciate it.

I agree that no one, outside of N. Korea, wants North Korea to have the ability to launch Nukes.

But if you don't believe there would be retaliation for destroying millions of lifes, you are unbeliavably stupid.

And since you had the intelligence to attend NT, I do not believe you are stupid.

There are no more Soviets, but the Russians will not launch a missile attack on the U.S. over North Korea, especially since it is an almost certainty that half of their antiquated missile systems would blow up on the pad and the other half would miss their targets.

At any rate, we don't need to nuke North Korea. Just line up a few hundred B-52s wingtip-to-wingtip and carpet bomb from the Chines border all the way to the 38th parallel.

I'll admit, I don't know a lot about this particular subject. If anyone has a couple of minutes to give me the readers digest on why these North Koreans are acting so boldly and why the world community seems to put up with it I would really appreciate it.

Food and other supplies as a reward for not starting a war.

Edited by UNTflyer

Let's see what North Korea has been up to lately....half a dozen missle launches, tossing out the 1953 armistice, a successful nuclear bomb test, prepares for another long-range missle test and dispatches a ship and declares (for some reason) that any attempt to stop or board it will be viewed as an act of war.....hmmmm. All this and it is entirely likely that Kim Jong-il is insane.

I'm beginning to think some strategically placed crusie missles may be necessary at this point. We should engage China and Russia and make this a unified response. If neither agree or want to participate, then at least we know exactly where they stand on this.

Keith

A missle launch at the United States is an act of war, hopefully this administration will see it as such. I fear that this will be ignored and will lead to a very costly war in the near future. Should this administration allow North Korea to become a threat to the United States, and not take appropriate actions in a response to an act of war from North Korea, they should be immediately impeached for endagering the lives of every single person in this country.

This situation calls for a serious poker face. I, as most of the United States, hope the N. Korean leadership has more sense that to attempt to bluff with a losing hand, and they will have the losing hand if they launch a missle aimed at any US soil!!

You do know the cold war is over (we won by the way) and the Soviets disbanded going on 20 years ago. I have even walked on their top secret airbases and crawled through some of their hardened aircraft shelters. I went so far as buy 4 of their jet fighter trainers from the current military. I went through ex-soviet top military weapons dealers. I have just a little personal first hand insight to how post soviet nations think. The Russians would not give two sh!ts if we blew N. Korea back to the stone age, especially after an attack or mock attack. If you want to worry, you might worry about China but not too much.

Side%20Viewemail[web].jpg

What kind of Japanese intelligence are we talking about here?

Those guys invented the Tamagochi virtual pet and the Betamax home cassette system.

We're talking about the greatest intelligence on the planet. :)

Edited by TheTastyGreek

article-1193941-001F468400000258-642_468

I'm dissapointed. Nothing about N. Korea wagging their dong at us?

Rick

C'mon now, you know I'm trying to stay out of all the political conversation... I just checked the thread because the title was news to me.

As Freud would say, were he alive today: Sometimes a Tamagochi joke is just a Tamagochi joke.

But if I were willing to make a penis-related joke about North Korean missile capabilities... I'd probably say something about the danger of a boo-yellowcake detonation over the Statue of Liberty.

Also... The Ghost of Slim Pickens says he's underwhelmed.

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff

Gee, and the Obama folks didn't like that "Axis of Evil" thing......N. Korea is a starving nation that really has very little to lose. That makes it so very dangerous to the rest of the world. The North Koreans have learned that if they rattle their swords loud and long enough the West will give them something in exchange for a "wonderful" promise from the North Koreans to "play nice"...that promise, of course, will immediately be broken, but they still will have received both the attention (like a bratty child) and the "reward" (be it food, lifting of trade sanctions, etc.) for their bad behavior. The Russians and the Chinese will not support the North Koreans should they actually fire that shot at Hawaii. They are both getting as tired as we are with the antics of the idiot leadership (non-leadership) coming out of N. Korea these days. But, a wounded dog is a nasty dog to deal with and N. Korea is a both a woundede and crazy dog with vwery little if anything to lose. The leadership of N. Korea cares nothing about the average citizen, so the suffereing they would absorb means zero. The N. Korean arry is well trained and well supplied, but would definitely not be able to stand up to the West in any protracted land battle without Russian or Chinses help. And, this time there would be no Chinese troops crossing the Yulu River in aid of the N. Koreans.

This is another "ploy" for attention on the part of the N. Koreans, but it is a very dangerous one indeed. Will be interesting and important to see how this turns out. In part, this could be due to the preceived "weakness" on foreign policy and defense on the part of the current Obama Administration. This could very well be Obama's chance to show the world that he is not the "pansy" he seems to be on defense and international policy. I do hope he can show some reral strong leadership here. I would certainly be surprised...he may want to just sit down and talk to these guys...you know...can't we all just get along stuff from his campaign promises, but I am hopeful he grows some "you know what" and presents a strong response. We'll see. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here until or if he proves otherwise. Time will tell...and not too much time at that.

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff

Gawd O'mighty don't let 'em see the BIG BOARD!

Rick