Ausmus Story

Brett Vito

I am disappointed that Coach Ausmus is leaving, and I wish him

the best. The Tennessee job takes him back home, and back to his

school. One good point from this, is Coach Ausmus did win the players

over, and the players have learned alot about S/C.

If the fromer Tennessee S/C coach had stayed at Tennessee, maybe

Coach Ausmus would still be at NT.

From Brett Vito's story, I sense that Coach Dodge already knew that

Coach Ausmus would receive the Tennessee offer and that he would

take the job. Coach Dodge states he already has several very good

candidates on his list. I would expect the new S/C coach to be named

very soon.

Not good news for the Mean Green, but probabaly expected. Too bad that the Mean Green will lose such a good coach, but I am confident that what he started in the S&C area will help the next coach. I think the team is probably better off for having Coach Ausmus here even for the short time he stayed. Good luck to Coach Ausmus. I cannot blame him at all under the cirsumstances and wish him nothing but the best.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I've got to hand it to the board on this one. I don't know who it was, but someone predicted this exact scenario and then someone found the job posting (was that random or do you check it everyday) and broke the story here before it even his the press. I'm impressed!

“We interviewed several guys when we hired Aaron and he is another source we can use in the industry,” Dodge said. “He is in that USC lineage. We are visiting with some of those guys right now.”

Any speculation as to who the new guy "with USC lineage" might be?

“We interviewed several guys when we hired Aaron and he is another source we can use in the industry,” Dodge said. “He is in that USC lineage. We are visiting with some of those guys right now.”

561349612_495712e2bf.jpg?v=0

"We interviewed several guys when we hired Aaron and he is another source we can use in the industry," Dodge said. "He is in that USC lineage. We are visiting with some of those guys right now."

29_display.jpg

????

Not good news for the Mean Green, but probabaly expected. Too bad that the Mean Green will lose such a good coach, but I am confident that what he started in the S&C area will help the next coach. I think the team is probably better off for having Coach Ausmus here even for the short time he stayed. Good luck to Coach Ausmus. I cannot blame him at all under the cirsumstances and wish him nothing but the best.

GO MEAN GREEN!

it's the one scoop I've uncovered from down here in Houston!!!!

Talk about being snake bit.

Only at North Texas, where a head coach goes through several coaches trying to improve a 3-21 record and in doing so gains an extra budgeted position sorely needed, only to make too good of a hire and lose the guy to a BCS program?

Rick

At the risk of sounding a bit like a broken record. We need to be looking for the next up and coming coach Ausmus. If it were me, I would call Coach John Lott and ask him to recommend someone. Surely he could do us that favor.