2009 Bayou Bowl On Right Now (played June 13, 2009)

gangrene

<a href="http://www.bayoubowl.org/texas.html" target="_blank">TX_roster

</a>

No signees in this game or in the Oil Bowl.

* White must have been a late addition as he is not on the LA roster. Thanks for the heads up , now I have a reason the watch.

I didn't get to watch much of it...wife's watching celebrity survivor in one room and the daughter is watching cartoons in the other! :rolleyes: Oh well, I don't mind sacrificing this one game for the entire football season.

I just checked the LA roster and found White (listed as #90) here: http://www.bayoubowl.org/louisiana.html

Too bad they didn't even list us as White's college. No credit at all.

I hope we will be following some of these players headed to JUCOs, especially the DTs.

FYI - Hall (***EDIT Hall?? Don't know where I got that. I meant to say Kyle White***) is playing and he doesn't look bad. I also heard the announcers say WR Ryan Walker, Southlake Carroll, is going to SMU too. He's got decent size and looks like a pretty good receiver. I'm soooo glad SMU has that pipeline to SLC going for them!! :unsure:

Edited by gangrene

FYI - Hall is playing and he doesn't look bad. I also heard the announcers say WR Ryan Walker, Southlake Carroll, is going to SMU too. He's got decent size and looks like a pretty good receiver. I'm soooo glad SMU has that pipeline to SLC going for them!! :unsure:

Hall?

Walker must be a walkon for smu

That is laughable to say that SMU has a winning attitude. SMU has a lot in common with SLC in that a lot of kids drive expensive Euro cars and rich people like to network with other rich people. I am glad that we have cut off that pipeline... those kids can't hack it at NT, too spoiled. Soon we will have nicer facilities than SMU but this won't change - little rich kids want to be around other little rich kids.

Edited by stebo

Have to say, that I am very surprised all of these kids from SLC going to SMU, instead of following Todd Dodge.

I'm not too concerned. With all due respect to TJ Culberson, outside of QB Chase Daniel, K Garrett Hartley and maybe OL Mitch Enright, what SLC player has really been a success at the D1 level?

I'm not too concerned. With all due respect to TJ Culberson, outside of QB Chase Daniel, K Garrett Hartley and maybe OL Mitch Enright, what SLC player has really been a success at the D1 level?

I certainly wouldn't make that proclamation just yet. I think the jury is still out on a lot of former SLC players, as well as some currently on the SLC roster.

Adam Ulatoski (6'7" 307) is listed as the starting LT on UT's 2009 depth chart . Who wouldn't want that size on our line? McKay Jacobson (WR, 5-11, 192) was named BYU's team offensive rookie of the year in 2006 . Patrick Benoist, (6'0", 224) LB at Vanderbilt, ranked first on the team and third in the SEC in 2008 with 109 tackles, including 6.5 for loss and two sacks. He was also just named one of three co-captains for the Commodores 2009 season. Corbin Smitter, WR (6'2", 210) is listed as a starting WR for Rice and was 4th on the team in receptions last year. Derek Epperson, (6'3" 225) SR P at Baylor was all Big 12 last year and is an All-American candidate for 2009. Justin Drescher (6'1", 230) has been a very reliable long snapper for the Colorado Buffaloes over the last two years (started as a Freshman). Alabama hasn't yet announced their 2009 starters, but it's expected former SLC QB, Greg McElroy will win that job and face his former coach on September 19.

I also expect successful careers from Mike Prince, JR LT (6'3", 300) and Brayden Burnett, (6'3", 240) FR DL at Mizzou, Blake Cantu, (6'0, 191) FR WR at Oregon, Clint Renfro, (6'0, 160) SO WR at TCU and Bryce Saldi, (6'3", 215) RS FR LC at UNLV. Sam Schwartzstein, (Stanford) and Jake Jackson, (Baylor) also have good potential. I read that Tre' Newton was "very impressive" in UT's spring practice but I'm not sure he'll ever see much playing time in Austin with the kind of talent they recruit at RB. Oh, and I shouldn't forget Riley - big things are definitely expected of him. I intentionally refused to mention that group headed to SMU.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but the point is, regardless how many of you feel about SLC kids, they do have some very legitimate FBS talent and I'd hate to dismiss that talent pool just because we've had some bad luck so far. That's 16 (including Riley) former SLC kids on FBS rosters and that doesn't include the 4-5 on SMU's roster (or the other SLC kids - Acton, Leppo and Brainard on ours) or 2010 recruits, Jackson Richards, who has verbally committed to Texas Tech and Cade Foster, who has verbally committed to Alabama.

Edited by gangrene