Racing, Having A Good Ol' Time In The U.s. Of A.

wreck091_500x375.jpg

Last night made this extrication on the highway. It took us about 15 minutes to dig out a 28 yo male crushed behind the wheel because he was racing someone on the highway and having a great time putting everyone else's lives in danger. Witnesses stated his truck's high rate of speed was in the 100's. He and his competitor split the middle lane going around a family of 3 in a toyota 4 runner. After he passed them he over took the middle lane too soon and clipped their front bumper, lost control and rear-ended an 18 wheeler up ahead of him that was traveling an estimated 70 mph(also speeding), so you can only imagine how fast the person in this truck was going? Miraculously, the family of 3 and the driver of the 18 wheeler were not hurt.

The interpreter found he had no insurance yet he had the money for a $20,000 plus Dodge Ram with $2,000(???) plus set of wheels and tires. He'll live to do it again as they whisked him off to the country hospital so the doctors could put his skull back together....at the tax payer's expense.

Oh well?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Guest JohnDenver

wreck091_500x375.jpg

Last night made this extrication on the highway. It took us about 15 minutes to dig out a 28 yo male crushed behind the wheel because he was racing someone on the highway and having a great time putting everyone else's lives in danger. Witnesses stated his truck's high rate of speed was in the 100's. He and his competitor split the middle lane going around a family of 3 in a toyota 4 runner. After he passed them he over took the middle lane too soon and clipped their front bumper, lost control and rear-ended an 18 wheeler up ahead of him that was traveling an estimated 70 mph(also speeding), so you can only imagine how fast the person in this truck was going? Miraculously, the family of 3 and the driver of the 18 wheeler were not hurt.

The interpreter found he had no insurance yet he had the money for a $20,000 plus Dodge Ram with $2,000(???) plus set of wheels and tires. He'll live to do it again as they whisked him off to the country hospital so the doctors could put his skull back together....at the tax payer's expense.

Oh well?

Rick

Note, the doctor certainly won't be paid for the non-insured emergency.

But, it's OK...he probably voted for our current president here in Texas...you know...no voter ID bill or anything.

While I hate that this happend, I am so very glad no one was killed. More often than not it seems some innocent bystander or motorist gets killed in this type of "accident". Of course, this was NO ACCIDENT. Both "racing" drivers knew full well what they were doing and they were doing it ""on purpose". That made the decision to race on a public street. This was certainly no accident. They should thank their lucky stars that you and your team was ready, willing and able to help them when their "decision" turned so tragic.

Edited by KRAM1

Guest JohnDenver

Congrats...you just managed to politicize a car accident. You guys should be proud.

Broad brush with your "you guys." ;)

ER doctors call these "collisions" as opposed to accidents.

Congrats...you just managed to politicize a car accident. You guys should be proud.

Trust me...I am! Just couldn't resist the temptation...it was racing toward me at 100mph. :blink:

It isn't a political issue, but it is a well taken one.

Here is someone who is breaking the law both in his actions and the fact he doesn't have insurance.

Here is someone who doesn't have health coverage and is acting recklessly.

Here is someone who could have easily killed YOUR daughter/wife/family member.

I really don't have ANY sympathy for the guy anyways, and have every right as a tax paying law abiding citizen to find this disgusting.

This guy should be put behind bars after he gets out of the hospital for a long time.

It isn't a political issue, but it is a well taken one.

Here is someone who is breaking the law both in his actions and the fact he doesn't have insurance.

Here is someone who doesn't have health coverage and is acting recklessly.

Here is someone who could have easily killed YOUR daughter/wife/family member.

I really don't have ANY sympathy for the guy anyways, and have every right as a tax paying law abiding citizen to find this disgusting.

This guy should be put behind bars after he gets out of the hospital for a long time.

There's the "but he's a human being and should be taken care for, etc., etc." argument but that won't work here. And it's really for the reasons stated above. With those actions, he's more or less forfeiting leniency of any kind. It's pretty hard to have sympathy for someone breaking a law based around public safety in a very reckless act while shirking responsibility through violating insurance law and of course, driving like an idiot.

I'd say jailtime, but I don't want him eating up taxpayer's money. Send him home would work too, but then he would probably end up doing the same thing all over again.

There's the "but he's a human being and should be taken care for, etc., etc." argument but that won't work here. And it's really for the reasons stated above. With those actions, he's more or less forfeiting leniency of any kind. It's pretty hard to have sympathy for someone breaking a law based around public safety in a very reckless act while shirking responsibility through violating insurance law and of course, driving like an idiot.

I'd say jailtime, but I don't want him eating up taxpayer's money. Send him home would work too, but then he would probably end up doing the same thing all over again.

How about a bullet right between the eyes?