Obama Is Doing An Excellent Job

A major pastor says so (and says Obama "loves the lord")... and since the Republican party has a monopoly on God you should take him at his word:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/08/lkl...eens/index.html

Toby Keith says so...and he had that cool song about America kicking ass. A true patriot if you ask me:

http://www.cnsnews.com/Public/Content/arti...px?RsrcID=47652

I think we can all move on now because they have spoken. :unsure:

A major pastor says so (and says Obama "loves the lord")... and since the Republican party has a monopoly on God you should take him at his word:

Toby Keith says so...and he had that cool song about America kicking ass. A true patriot if you ask me:

When i read nine out of ten posts on this board, I clearly hear Toby Keith yelling that he'll put a boot in your ass. After all, it's the American way.

Osteen is nothing more than a smoother, more polished version of Robert Tilton. He'll tickle anyone's ear for a buck!

Now, what about the two black Christian ministers that were just recently quoted in the Morning News. I wish I had saved the article. But, one black minister is praying for God to take obama's life, and the other black minister is praying for God to change his heart.

Edited by meangreenbob

Osteen is nothing more than a smoother, more polished version of Robert Tilton. He'll tickle anyone's ear for a buck!

Now, what about the two black Christian ministers that were just recently quoted in the Morning News. I wish I had saved the article. But, one black minister is praying for God to take obama's life, and the other black minister is praying for God to change his heart.

If any preacher is preaching to take someones life - he might want to read the bible a little more and consider what jesus would do...

If any preacher is preaching to take someones life - he might want to read the bible a little more and consider what jesus would do...

He was chastised for his comment. However, he said he was evoking some type of prayer that was often used in the Old Testament. He used a certain word that I didn't know. Wish I had save the article.

Joel Osteen: Well, it matters to me. It matters to me that I know he loves the Lord, and I think it's important that he has convictions from his faith. So to me, it matters when I'm making my personal decisions.

I don't interpret what Osteen said as that he believes Obama "loves the Lord." I take it to mean that it is important to Osteen that he knows Obama loves the Lord, but he doesn't say whether Obama does or not, just that it is important to him (Osteen).

Regarding Toby Keith, does it really matter what he says? He's just another celebrity, but I do appreciate the fact that he supports our troops and appreciates the job they are doing unlike many other celebrities.

I don't interpret what Osteen said as that he believes Obama "loves the Lord." I take it to mean that it is important to Osteen that he knows Obama loves the Lord, but he doesn't say whether Obama does or not, just that it is important to him (Osteen).

Regarding Toby Keith, does it really matter what he says? He's just another celebrity, but I do appreciate the fact that he supports our troops and appreciates the job they are doing unlike many other celebrities.

Well, it matters to me. It matters to me that I know he loves the Lord
Then his wife goes on to say that she believes Obama to be a Christian.

Wondering how much clearer he could have been. And, furthermore, care to explain to me how it can be possible that it's important to you that someone "love the lord" and yet you are still unsure as to whether someone does or not? Seems you wouldn't bring the subject up unless you had a conviction one way or the other. That's like me saying "It's important to me that my child not drown in a pool...but I'm not really sure whether she's currently underwater."

Again, my take is that Victoria Osteen is stating that it is important to her that she knows he loves the Lord, but she doesn't say that she knows if he does or not, just that it is important to her.

Clarification: I live in Houston, visited Lakewood Church a couple of times, worked at an establishment that the Osteen's visited and I am not a huge fan of their's. I think Osteen is good at what he does, but his message is the same over and over again. The Lord wants what is best for you. He skirts the tough issues and doesn't take a stand even on subjects that the Bible is very clear and leaves no room for doubt. He is media savvy.

Victoria comes across as insincere and pretty full of herself. In person, out of the media eye, she acts like she's better than those around her and should live by the words she professes to believe.

They may revoke your conservative card for this statement.

Whether it be Toby Keith, Sean Penn, etc... I would prefer they, being celebrities, all just do what they do best, sing or act, and leave politics out of it. I do agree with one side over the other, but it would be rather hypocritcal of me to yell and scream for one to shut up and not the other.

I do appreciate those celebrities that use their talents to go and entertain and support our troops and despise those that don't.

The Irony of this thread is that you can post celebrities and pastors that say he is doing a good job, but you can't tell us what he has done that has bettered our situation yet...

...Job losses continue, at a much higer rate than he stated earlier in the week. Nothing has been done to stem the impending Commerical Real-Estate Bust, Consumer Credit Bust, or to fix the holes that created the Residential Real-Estate Bust. No Tax cuts to stimulate the economy. Many of the "Stimulus Funds" haven't been funded yet. The enactment of the Stimulus has destoryed our Monetary system and inflation and run-away interest rates are around the corner. He's about to rape business in an attempt to force lesser healthcare down your throat and mine. He's kissing terrorist ass. North Korea now has a green light to do what EVER the hell they want.

...oh, yeah. This is MUCH better. :rolleyes:

The Irony of this thread is that you can post celebrities and pastors that say he is doing a good job, but you can't tell us what he has done that has bettered our situation yet...

...Job losses continue, at a much higer rate than he stated earlier in the week. Nothing has been done to stem the impending Commerical Real-Estate Bust, Consumer Credit Bust, or to fix the holes that created the Residential Real-Estate Bust. No Tax cuts to stimulate the economy. Many of the "Stimulus Funds" haven't been funded yet. The enactment of the Stimulus has destoryed our Monetary system and inflation and run-away interest rates are around the corner. He's about to rape business in an attempt to force lesser healthcare down your throat and mine. He's kissing terrorist ass. North Korea now has a green light to do what EVER the hell they want.

...oh, yeah. This is MUCH better. :rolleyes:

I got a tax cut, may not be a rate reduction, but I will get a tax credit for 2009 that wasn't there before. I consider that a tax cut.

I got a tax cut, may not be a rate reduction, but I will get a tax credit for 2009 that wasn't there before. I consider that a tax cut.

Before or after the reduction in deductions to be allowed on your 2009 tax return? And the tax creidt should be closely checked, as our accountant tells us the credit is just that and will be due back to the IRS at the end of the year. ...in the end you'll take home no extra money. The net effect is no tax cut, and will in fact be a tax hike. Neat political trick, but not a tax cut.

...a tax cut is "YOUR NEW RATE IS 15% when it was 17%. Period. End of Story.

Now the *right* thing to do would be to share that equally with all of us who did not get one because it you keep it all for yourself.....well that would just be greedy.

Keith