Interesting Comments From Phil Steele

"NT could be one of the surprise teams in the NCAA this year. They are the most improved team in the SBC. After yielding 45.1 and 47.6 ppg in Todd Dodge's first 2 seasons, they should have the most improved D in the country. Special teams are a concern, but this team is capable of winning any or all of their 6 home games. While 2 of my 9 sets of power ratings call for them to go 6-6, the rest call them lower and I'll probably regret picking a vastly improved Mean Green team, who was -17 in TO's (take aways) have have 16 starter back this low."

Fairly upbeat for Steele. Actually, whatever you think of him, he does have a nose for teams due for vast improvement.

I think that one important thing that we see now is depth at most positions. This does 3 things, creates competition, allows fresh bodies to get on the field, and if an injury we should have someone able to step in.

I couldn't agree with you more. Of course, there are those that still don't think the cupboard was bare when DD left and 2012 will be on here shortly to give us all of his inside information about how bad things are. <_<