Terrorists, I Mean Extremists, Response To Obama's Cairo Speech

Terrorists attack a luxury hotel in Pakistan and kill and wound dozens of people. Apparently they didn't listen to Obama's speech. Or maybe they did. This is a major terrorist attack at a luxury hotel that is often filled with western foreigners and diplomats and we hear barely anything from most of the media outlets. Most refer to a "bomb" or a "blast" killing people, like some inanimate object materialized out of no where and detonated. This was a cowardly terrorist attack, but I guess we're not allowed to acknowledge that any more.

Keith

And, people believed and voted for Obama based on his idea to "talk to these folks" and just all be friends again...after apologizing to everyone he could find, he still isn't "liked" by the terrorists of the world. Even North Korea is playing him for the inexperienced leader that he is. Gee, what a surprise!

And, people believed and voted for Obama based on his idea to "talk to these folks" and just all be friends again...after apologizing to everyone he could find, he still isn't "liked" by the terrorists of the world. Even North Korea is playing him for the inexperienced leader that he is. Gee, what a surprise!

So true. It isn't coincidence that Kim Jong Il is "rattling his sabre" now that Bush/Cheney is out of office.

I don't think he intended to be friends with the terrorists. They're a pretty unsociable sort, with the blowing up of busses and all. I do think he's running with the idea of getting on at least amicable relations, turning the more legitimate governments of the middle east against the terrorists since they're as much a danger to them as they are to us.

You know, "enemy of my enemy is my friend".

So true. It isn't coincidence that Kim Jong Il is "rattling his sabre" now that Bush/Cheney is out of office.

This is one of two things:

1. Specious reasoning - I don't really think Il gives a damn who was in office...and the fact that Obama is in office has about the same impact on his decisions as the empty iced coffee on my desk has prevented tiger attacks in my office.

2. That it isn't coincidence - and neither was 9/11. Our peaciful, worry-free regime change is a rarity in the world...so even when it happens here it is viewed by many as a time of instablity. If it played a role in Il's decision making it wouldn't have mattered who was elected.